Jump to content

Range rovers and insurance


team tractor
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, London Best said:

Not specifically Range Rovers, but I just can’t understand how anybody can manage without a big 4x4 of some sort. They are just so bloody useful.

When I need specific vehicle I hire one or borrow one. I do not keep one just in case I need one.:w00t:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not digging, I just genuinely have no liking for the pointless showing off type of vehicle that you need two spaces to park, drink fuel like it is going out of fashion and the rest of the world look at you and laugh. 

Mine does not take up two car parking spaces, that's just exaggerating, it does not drink much more than the GLE that I had previously and I don't buy cars to get appreciation from other people. In fact I don't give a flying fig what other people think about my choice of car.

I now think that you are a troll trying to wind me up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/08/2023 at 07:11, harrycatcat1 said:

Mine does not take up two car parking spaces, that's just exaggerating, it does not drink much more than the GLE that I had previously and I don't buy cars to get appreciation from other people. In fact I don't give a flying fig what other people think about my choice of car.

I now think that you are a troll trying to wind me up.

Not a TROLL, just expressing an opinion which happens to differ from yours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not a TROLL, just expressing an opinion which happens to differ from yours.

Is it an opinion when you say a Range Rover takes two spaces to park?

It is nonsense to ...... well I don't know why you said it, only you can say why 🤔

I took two pictures of my FF parked in Asda car park this morning and it only takes up one space, not two.

Here is the evidence below. Not opinion, it is fact. I can accept opinions but not made up nonsense 🙄 

 

Screenshot_20230829_143256_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20230829_143311_WhatsApp.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I took two pictures of my FF parked in Asda car park this morning and it only takes up one space, not two.

As mentioned, it is nicely parked, but fills the whole space before the doors are opened, hence it 'needs' two spaces.  I had an X5 for a while and getting in when in a standard parking space with 'family sized cars' either side was a problem - and I'm a relatively small person (11 stone).  It was one of the biggest 'snags' with the X5 - and that is quite a bit smaller than the current RR.  More than once I had to climb across from the passenger side.

Certainly around here you are lucky to find a space at times, let alone a space with empty spaces each side.  I agree the spaces are much too small - but that isn't going to change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

As mentioned, it is nicely parked, but fills the whole space before the doors are opened, hence it 'needs' two spaces.  I had an X5 for a while and getting in when in a standard parking space with 'family sized cars' either side was a problem - and I'm a relatively small person (11 stone).  It was one of the biggest 'snags' with the X5 - and that is quite a bit smaller than the current RR.  More than once I had to climb across from the passenger side.

Certainly around here you are lucky to find a space at times, let alone a space with empty spaces each side.  I agree the spaces are much too small - but that isn't going to change.

The quote from "tightchoke" was "you need two spaces to park" I doubt any smaller car could open all four doors in a standard car parking space.

26 minutes ago, old'un said:

 

Screenshot_20230829_183608_Samsung Internet.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I doubt any smaller car could open all four doors in a standard car parking space.

No, I agree, but the big cars I have had (BMW X5, Daimler Double Six, Mercedes G-wagen) have always been a real pain in car parks - and smaller cars so much easier.  I agree out on big open roads/open off road they come into their own, but where space is tight it is just a pain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

As is often stated on the Sales Forum, "If only you were closer"

We could park two cars in a supermarket car park with one space in between and you could park your Range Rover between them and climb out of the rear tailgate!   :lol:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍😉😉😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Nicely parked, shame some of the others are not so thoughtful.

 

I will now photograph all the badly parked ones I see.

You on facebook ?. i am on  park like a tw*t and your town /city folk post badly parked cars and you post sarky comments it just meant to be fun 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...