Range rovers and insurance

team tractor

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, London Best said:

Not specifically Range Rovers, but I just can’t understand how anybody can manage without a big 4x4 of some sort. They are just so bloody useful.

When I need specific vehicle I hire one or borrow one. I do not keep one just in case I need one.:w00t:

10 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not digging, I just genuinely have no liking for the pointless showing off type of vehicle that you need two spaces to park, drink fuel like it is going out of fashion and the rest of the world look at you and laugh. 

Mine does not take up two car parking spaces, that's just exaggerating, it does not drink much more than the GLE that I had previously and I don't buy cars to get appreciation from other people. In fact I don't give a flying fig what other people think about my choice of car.

I now think that you are a troll trying to wind me up.

On 28/08/2023 at 07:11, harrycatcat1 said:

Mine does not take up two car parking spaces, that's just exaggerating, it does not drink much more than the GLE that I had previously and I don't buy cars to get appreciation from other people. In fact I don't give a flying fig what other people think about my choice of car.

I now think that you are a troll trying to wind me up.

Not a TROLL, just expressing an opinion which happens to differ from yours.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not a TROLL, just expressing an opinion which happens to differ from yours.

Is it an opinion when you say a Range Rover takes two spaces to park?

It is nonsense to ...... well I don't know why you said it, only you can say why 🤔

I took two pictures of my FF parked in Asda car park this morning and it only takes up one space, not two.

Here is the evidence below. Not opinion, it is fact. I can accept opinions but not made up nonsense 🙄 

Screenshot_20230829_143256_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20230829_143311_WhatsApp.jpg

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I took two pictures of my FF parked in Asda car park this morning and it only takes up one space, not two.

As mentioned, it is nicely parked, but fills the whole space before the doors are opened, hence it 'needs' two spaces.  I had an X5 for a while and getting in when in a standard parking space with 'family sized cars' either side was a problem - and I'm a relatively small person (11 stone).  It was one of the biggest 'snags' with the X5 - and that is quite a bit smaller than the current RR.  More than once I had to climb across from the passenger side.

Certainly around here you are lucky to find a space at times, let alone a space with empty spaces each side.  I agree the spaces are much too small - but that isn't going to change.

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

As mentioned, it is nicely parked, but fills the whole space before the doors are opened, hence it 'needs' two spaces.  I had an X5 for a while and getting in when in a standard parking space with 'family sized cars' either side was a problem - and I'm a relatively small person (11 stone).  It was one of the biggest 'snags' with the X5 - and that is quite a bit smaller than the current RR.  More than once I had to climb across from the passenger side.

Certainly around here you are lucky to find a space at times, let alone a space with empty spaces each side.  I agree the spaces are much too small - but that isn't going to change.

The quote from "tightchoke" was "you need two spaces to park" I doubt any smaller car could open all four doors in a standard car parking space.

26 minutes ago, old'un said:

Screenshot_20230829_183608_Samsung Internet.jpg

5 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I doubt any smaller car could open all four doors in a standard car parking space.

No, I agree, but the big cars I have had (BMW X5, Daimler Double Six, Mercedes G-wagen) have always been a real pain in car parks - and smaller cars so much easier.  I agree out on big open roads/open off road they come into their own, but where space is tight it is just a pain.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

As is often stated on the Sales Forum, "If only you were closer"

We could park two cars in a supermarket car park with one space in between and you could park your Range Rover between them and climb out of the rear tailgate!   :lol:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍😉😉😉

20 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Nicely parked, shame some of the others are not so thoughtful.

I will now photograph all the badly parked ones I see.

You on facebook ?. i am on  park like a tw*t and your town /city folk post badly parked cars and you post sarky comments it just meant to be fun 

• 8 months later...

When considering Range Rovers and insurance, it's essential to research coverage options and associated costs. Due to the vehicle's luxury status and potential repair expenses, premiums may be higher. Exploring different insurance providers and policies can help find the best coverage for your Range Rover.

good to hear that people who have more money than sense will now have more of it taken from them.would like to hear that road tax should go up 400% too.these stupidly large "cars" can fit in one space but as proved by the photo you can not get out of your car when cars are parked either side of you .

1 hour ago, .357shooter said:

good to hear that people who have more money than sense will now have more of it taken from them.would like to hear that road tax should go up 400% too.these stupidly large "cars" can fit in one space but as proved by the photo you can not get out of your car when cars are parked either side of you .

Another twisted, jealous Labour voter.

I miss my Range Rover but the tax was a killer on it and it did have a serious drink problem, if you are thinking of buying one be sure to put some nice wide side steps on it, then when car man or woman swings there door open in the car park there door hits your side step and does not mark your lovely Range Rover 😂

On 29/08/2023 at 14:45, harrycatcat1 said:

Is it an opinion when you say a Range Rover takes two spaces to park?

It is nonsense to ...... well I don't know why you said it, only you can say why 🤔

Here is the evidence below. Not opinion, it is fact. I can accept opinions but not made up nonsense 🙄 

Screenshot_20230829_143256_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20230829_143311_WhatsApp.jpg

Parked in one bay just fine but no one either side can park if the did you would not be able to open your door sorry but tightchoke has a valid point 

8 hours ago, nobbyathome said:

Parked in one bay just fine but no one either side can park if the did you would not be able to open your door sorry but tightchoke has a valid point 

The cars are just fine, it is the spaces which are too small. They are still the same size they were in the 1960’s, when people had A35’s, proper minis and a big car was a narrow Mk1 Cortina. ALL cars are now too wide for supermarket spaces.

On 02/06/2024 at 12:42, .357shooter said:

We have a 2004 RR 4.4ltr V8, cost me £4000 about 7 years ago, do all the servicing myself (easy) buy tyres second hand and scan Ebay for any parts, I live on less than the minimum wage and keep her running by hook or by crook. More money than sense? I sit next to my wife as she drives (lost my licence due to failing eyesight) in Connolly leather seats with deep pile carpets, the seats will massage you if you want and are heated or cooled - up to you, stereo is top notch and with Air suspension you don't feel the potholes in the road, the car will raise or lower if you like and the body does not roll. Air con is superb and the steering wheel is heated for winter months - the list goes on and on - show me a car that can compete with the RR and I will scrap her.