The Energy Bill

Acerforestry

How many forum users are aware of the above being rapidly pushed through parliament currently, and the implications for the public if it is unchallenged, out of curiousity. 

Worth running a search on this to see how it will affect everybody's lives. I find it staggering that the most important news is exactly what isn't in the news, if you will

Voting Conservative/Labour/LibDem/Green all yields the same result Net Zero result, working and even middle class run into the ground, being sacrificed on the alter of what... as long as there are 8 billion peoiple in the world, all the coal, oil, gas, etc etc is all going to be used no matter what......

9 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Yep Jail and a 15k fine for not being EPC compliant, a Totalitarian state.  Keep hold of your Guns you are going to need them. 

I'm sure guns would be the first things they would take.  Just in case there are any "misunderstandings" when they go to check the energy efficiency of your fridge.

i am aware of it...........but havnt delved into it.....its not that i dont care anymore..its that im just fed up with the subjugation of my fellow humans.....i havnt the energy to fight these individual ideas/attacks....i will concentrate on the root cause...and will vote in a way that will do the most damage to these parties that are taxing me to death

17 hours ago, Acerforestry said:

How many forum users are aware of the above being rapidly pushed through parliament currently, and the implications for the public if it is unchallenged, out of curiousity. 

Worth running a search on this to see how it will affect everybody's lives. I find it staggering that the most important news is exactly what isn't in the news, if you will

Got to be honest, other than knowing a general push towards so called green policys, I was not aware of any specific legislation about to come in. Ive had a look and drawn a blank, could anyone list a few of the most concerning ones?

What annoys me is the UK produces less than 1% of world pollution, yet China produces 30% and simply doesn't care. We could literally stop all pollution over night and it would make no difference at all, why are we forcing millions of our own citizens into poverty for no sensible reason.

10 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Got to be honest, other than knowing a general push towards so called green policys, I was not aware of any specific legislation about to come in. Ive had a look and drawn a blank, could anyone list a few of the most concerning ones?

What annoys me is the UK produces less than 1% of world pollution, yet China produces 30% and simply doesn't care. We could literally stop all pollution over night and it would make no difference at all, why are we forcing millions of our own citizens into poverty for no sensible reason.

Don’t know how reliable this video is but have a look.

It could well be a back door way to get peoples properties off them en mass as they make it so expensive to make your house so efficient that they offer to do it and then you can kindly rent it off them 

We really need to open eyes to what is happening in this dump of a country 

Im fully aware of this and the complete lack of attention this is getting in the legacy media, doing the governments dirty work by ignoring it. Thanks for airing it on here so it can be seen by a wider audience, and I urge all of you who care to at least try and warn others who might not know. I have lost count of the amount of times I have contacted my constituency MP about a whole range of matters, who used to just reply along the lines of 'thanks for writing, but i think you should leave it to the adults' and now no longer replies at all. As Stonepark suggests, there isn't going to be a political solution as it appears to be the problem, a mixture of blind dogma bordering on religious zealotry on the part of some, and good old fashioned vested interests on others. Parliament is all sewn up by the uniparty and their direction of travel is clear, so what other options do we have? I dont want a 4am knock at the door from special branch so I'll leave it there.

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

If the Energy Bill passes in its current state we are living under a Totalitarian Govt.  Half of the MP's couldn't even be bothered to vote never mind debate, a truly disgusting situation.

4 hours ago, old'un said:

Don’t know how reliable this video is but have a look.

Thank you oldun.

52 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

If the Energy Bill passes in its current state we are living under a Totalitarian Govt.  Half of the MP's couldn't even be bothered to vote never mind debate, a truly disgusting situation.

The cons need to go, they're nothing more than labour in Conservatives clothing.

I worried about the MP's total lack of logic.

He only voted for it as it merely laid the groundwork for any future government to utilise. He couldn't imagine any MP voting for implementation, so what was the point in voting for it? Why didn't he say that it would never be used so there was no point in passing it. 

43 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I've had enough of the "we're all in it together" Conservatives.

And you think labour will get rid of it when they come to power, if anything they would be the ones to hasten it along, look across the border to Wales at the labour dictatorship to see what labour will do.