Scottish Health Board to make reparations for Slavery Links

Weihrauch17

20 minutes ago, old man said:

Don't you just love it when some politico doles out compensation using someone else's money?

The modus operandi of politicians, particularly those of the left.  As famously (a Margaret Thatcher quote) said, it all falls down when you run out of other people's money to spend.

8 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Its in the long distant past get over it 

Sadly not 

"for every £100 per person the UK Government spends in England on matters devolved to Scotland, the Scottish Government will receive around £126 per person in Scotland.

https://www.deliveringforscotland.gov.uk/scotland-in-the-uk/public-spending

Well i think Bigbob got it right.. All happend a long time ago.. And to add to that no one living today is guilty of Anything so why should we pay for The mistakes of The past. I mean If my Great Great Great  grandad was murderd and They just found out Who done it would The killers decendants be liable to pay me a sum of money ?,  And now to The Taxpayers well we got them in scotland too and im guessing it wasnt there idea to pay up for The horrable things that happend a long long time ago.. 

Lol was just thinking about The future and how much our gerenation has messed up The planet. I mean plastic sea global warming its a long long list... Wonder If our Great Great Great grandchildren will be blamed for The mistakes of The past ?  Dont think so. Thats on us  😔 but will They have to pay for it.... Probably but in another way  🤢

On 06/10/2023 at 16:49, Yellow Bear said:

Sadly not 

"for every £100 per person the UK Government spends in England on matters devolved to Scotland, the Scottish Government will receive around £126 per person in Scotland.

https://www.deliveringforscotland.gov.uk/scotland-in-the-uk/public-spending

Better giving it to us , than all the millions they spend on the illegal immigrants 

Thinking on about the reality of being a slaver back then? None of those with boats could have travelled far inland without the help of the coastal tribes? Diseases were rife? The coastal tribes would not have taken kindly to Jack tar rocking up and strolling through their domain?

Very weird but never mentioned?

6 minutes ago, old man said:

Thinking on about the reality of being a slaver back then? None of those with boats could have travelled far inland without the help of the coastal tribes? Diseases were rife? The coastal tribes would not have taken kindly to Jack tar rocking up and strolling through their domain?

Very weird but never mentioned?

Shhhhhh it does not fit the Woke agenda that only whites are racist and guilty of slaving, and white slaving did not happen.

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

My ancestors were slaves of a kind. They were agricultural workers. There were many forms of slavery back then

We are all slaves now? No government wants a society with independent thought that can be turned into action? Keeping the plebs frightened and indebted is the only way forward?

5 hours ago, Vince Green said:

My ancestors were slaves of a kind. They were agricultural workers. There were many forms of slavery back then

I recall an Aunt of mine telling me once, that a relative of hers and some of their co-workers took an employer to court because he tried to prevent them from having an education as employees. 🤷‍♂️