Double glazing

DUNKS

Hi anyone know please. Is BLACK the "in" colour for double glazing? My " everything has to be "in" neighbour has just had new double glazing. The old stuff is only 10 or so years old, and it's in BLACK. It looks awful with white cladding on the front of the house. They even have a lock down dog cos it was the thing to do. The house looks as if the Munsters live there.

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I hate all this anthracite grey to. It's a fad and will look very dated in a number of years.

I'm currently staring out my back door (instead of doing project schedules), which is made of UPVC with wood-effect grain.  It looks bluddy awful, especially given the structure it's screwed to is north of 250yrs old.

Whilst I would agree it's the current in thing, European housing, and I'm thinking German new builds specifically, have been doing the Anthracite grey thing for quite a while now.  At least it's more subtle when it fades.

Righto, I'm off to trap 2, an avocado number.

I have anthracite windows i had fitted recently to a Cotswold stone cottage, the wooden ones we had previously were in a lizard green which seems to be the rage around here...I think the colour goes nicely with the stone, better than the boring white windows.....

Edited by pux