Channel migrants

12gauge82

oowee - these are not asylum seekers. They are criminal economic migrants.

Refugees living in northern France say Brexit has made it easier for them to reach the UK in small boats, as it emerged that record numbers of people crossed the Channel in one day.

Are we supposed to take the word of the criminals?

When we were still in the EU, was France taking back illegals?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oowee, we don't owe anyone uk residency, particularly when the vast majority coming here are economic migrants and not refugees.

I'd help anyone I can, but the current system is completely unfair, particularly to some of the poorest in the uk. Not to mention those dying trying to cross.

15 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Oowee, we don't owe anyone uk residency, particularly when the vast majority coming here are economic migrants and not refugees.

I'd help anyone I can, but the current system is completely unfair, particularly to some of the poorest in the uk. Not to mention those dying trying to cross.

Your right of course. I only point out the reasons why we have so much traffic. It's of our own making with the govt split down the middle and some of the population baying at their heals it's paralysed. 

The underlined part is a myth. 3/4 are approved if processed. 

It will only get worse. 

Edited by oowee

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

Your right of course. I only point out the reasons why we have so much traffic. It's of our own making with the govt split down the middle and some of the population baying at their heals it's paralysed. 

The underlined part is a myth. 3/4 are approved if processed. 

It will only get worse. 

That's the problem, we're approving all these people when we should be kicking them out. Approval has nothing to do with if they're genuine or not.

3 hours ago, London Best said:

And 5 is not enough!

Got to be honest, that is very distasteful. That's people's lives, not a statistic.

23 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Got to be honest, that is very distasteful. That's people's lives, not a statistic.

Unfortunately the people coming over in boats are directly contributing to the problems we all seem to be complaining about.

Lawlessness, gun and knife crime directly related to the gang culture that goes with drug dealing, it's no coincidence that the rise in that type of crime has increased along with immigration from parts of the world where that's commonplace.

Plus the demand the sheer numbers of them put on housing the NHS and other services.

They are all taking from the system and not putting anything back, much of their culture and values are at odds with ours, is it any wonder people begin to despair and get pushed into more extremist views, because...

26 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Aye that's how i feel i feel we are drowning under the weight of them and nobody seems to care 

Why dont they put the royal navy in the channel or at least a couple of gunboats and return them to France?. Why are they so worried about upsetting France we must of paid them a fortune over the years to stop the boats and they have done nothing > 

A gunboat sinking a rubber boat on a French beach would really make them think about it 

1 hour ago, Wymondley said:

Unfortunately the people coming over in boats are directly contributing to the problems we all seem to be complaining about.

Lawlessness, gun and knife crime directly related to the gang culture that goes with drug dealing, it's no coincidence that the rise in that type of crime has increased along with immigration from parts of the world where that's commonplace.

Plus the demand the sheer numbers of them put on housing the NHS and other services.

They are all taking from the system and not putting anything back, much of their culture and values are at odds with ours, is it any wonder people begin to despair and get pushed into more extremist views, because...

I agree with everything your saying, but I think it utterly wrong to rejoice in the loss of human life. Not all migrants are bad, and a small minority are genuine.

One thing I agree with oowee on is that I blame our government for this mess, not the migrants trying to better their lot.

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

I agree with everything your saying, but I think it utterly wrong to rejoice in the loss of human life. Not all migrants are bad, and a small minority are genuine.

One thing I agree with oowee on is that I blame our government for this mess, not the migrants trying to better their lot.

But how long can the taxpayer bail out the government for being useless last figures quoted spent on them was 8 million a day its mounting up thats money that could and should be used on our own elderly and NHS 

1 minute ago, Bigbob said:

But how long can the taxpayer bail out the government for being useless last figures quoted spent on them was 8 million a day its mounting up thats money that could and should be used on our own elderly and NHS 

Like I've said on another thread, we need new political leadership and a genuine change. It's the only way to stop illegal migration.

If Starmer gets in it could well stop the little boats. He would send a liner across to make sure they had a safe, luxurious crossing. 

He would stop putting them up in hotels - he would give them houses, medical care, stop sending them to prison. Life would be so much better.

You can't support 6 million illegals and keep taking more.

14 hours ago, Gordon R said:

oowee - these are not asylum seekers. They are criminal economic migrants.

Are we supposed to take the word of the criminals?

When we were still in the EU, was France taking back illegals?

Nor are they refugees, either, but you'll never get those on the left to admit that.

12 hours ago, Wymondley said:

Sadly true and history tells that attitudes harden in proportion to attrition? 

Why is this continually allowed to happen unabated?

Oops, spineless politicians their unseen sponsors and out of control uncivil servants maybe? Money to be made somewhere?

Edited by old man

6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, the people i feel sorry for are our young generation who no doubt will see our country in a state of chaos if so many illegal immigrants are coming here in 5/10/15/20 years time and nothing is done to stop them, 🤔

That's already in progress as whites are being bred out. If I get on a bus around here at school times I'm often the only white person on a full bus.

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, the people i feel sorry for are our young generation who no doubt will see our country in a state of chaos if so many illegal immigrants are coming here in 5/10/15/20 years time and nothing is done to stop them, 🤔

That is spot on and exactly how I feel. While I do care that there are human beings in other countries in a terrible state, we need to look after our own first.

18 minutes ago, ditchman said:

if the migrant problem is in the forthcoming politicle parties MANIFESTO...............you know damn well nothing will happen as it is all lies.......

ICMPD expects people to try to move before anticipated post-election tightening of migration laws

A US crackdown on migratory routes could result in a rise in the number of Venezuelans and Colombians using visa-free visitor routes to Spain. New migration laws agreed by the EU late last year would initially be a magnet rather than a deterrent for many who would try to get to Europe before they come into force later this year, the report said.

Contrary to the xenophobic message of many anti-immigrant, far-right politicians, Spindelegger said Europe needed migrants if the EU was to maintain a sufficiently robust workforce, with shortages across the bloc.

The EU commissioner Ylva Johansson recently cited the need for 1 million more workers in the EU to keep pace with demographic change, saying it was “a challenge to do that in an orderly way”. Spindelegger said the numbers were much higher, with 1 million needed in Germany alone and 500,000 in Austria.

If the private sector cannot recruit, it will simply move investments elsewhere, Spindelegger warned.

ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Greece's parliament on Tuesday overwhelmingly approved new legislation that will grant tens of thousands of undocumented migrants residence and work permits amid a shortage of unskilled labor. The law drafted by the center-right government links the right to residence with proof of employment.

15 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, while Parliament was debating on Rwanda i expect a few more 100 crossed the channel, most likely waved off by Macron

It highlights the waste of time that is this Tory govt. Fighting Tory battles rather than dealing with the issues.  What is the Rwanda count so far, £450m, how many removals? 😂

No removals to Rwanda because the woke luvvies object. 

The EU and UK might well need immigrants to work, but what we don't need are boatloads of criminals. A swift look at the prison population should tell anyone that we are not letting in brain surgeons.