Where's Ditchy Merkle's mucked up again

Bigbob

From what I heard, it was allegedly a conversation between camila and charles, with Charles wondering what the baby would look like, considering the mixed race couple. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but if it was meant as simply as it was said, I don't see the issue. To my mind its no different from wondering all sorts of phisical features I.e will the baby have dad's height, mums blue eyes, dad's hair colour ect, ect.

Maybe I'm missing something πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Just now, 12gauge82 said:

From what I heard, it was allegedly a conversation between camila and charles, with Charles wondering what the baby would look like, considering the mixed race couple. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but if it was meant as simply as it was said, I don't see the issue. To my mind its no different from wondering all sorts of phisical features I.e will the baby have dad's height, mums blue eyes, dad's hair colour ect, ect.

EXCACTLY THIS..................................its all bloody muck raking

The whole 'accidental release' is nothing of the sort.Β  The translator would have worked from the English language pre publication copy, same as the actual English copy publisher and all of the other non English translators for other languages.Β  They would never have had access to any names unless they were either in the English copy, or were 'leaked' with the English copy.

This was a calculated, deliberate leak to (a) gain extra publicity for the seller, (b) have a malicious 'poke' at the Royals by the Markle faction.

It is totally normal for family members to speculate on what colour hair, eyes etc. the expected offspring will have on arrival, so why not skin shading?Β  A complete non-story - that is until some malevolent, scheming trouble maker turns it into a big 'media circus headline story' - by bringing in a 'race' aspect.

11 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Seems a perfectly normal curiosity statement to me - like if a kid will have ginger hair: unlike both of his supposed parents.

Edited by Dave-G

24 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

The whole 'accidental release' is nothing of the sort.Β  The translator would have worked from the English language pre publication copy, same as the actual English copy publisher and all of the other non English translators for other languages.Β 

Agreed. Getting translations absolutely correct to the original language version is an important matter.

As an example, I once worked for 15yrs in a job involving the application of European Regulations. These had to be in the languages of each member state and identical to avoid differences in application between member states. The draft copy, perhaps written in French, went to a French / English translator. Once done that English copy then went to a different English / French translator to be translated back in to French. That copy was then compared with the original French version to ensure no errors or omissions.Β 
Β 

To avoid any possible litigation issues arising from translation errors I’ve no doubt that international publishing houses would follow a similar process.

I therefore agree with John that there was nothing β€œaccidental” about this release with named individuals

On 28/11/2023 at 22:48, 12gauge82 said:

or will it have Ginger hair like its grandfather ?