Weather

Bigbob

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

that is perfect.............you need to save that pic otherwise that moment intime wil be lost forever :good:

i took thousands of pics in africa over the years  ..(film type of pics).....and they were all interesting but i rekon only one in 50 were "good"...

Thanks Ditchy. 👍

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Scully said:

Thankyou. Here’s another from the same drive. 
image.jpeg.59f39a9f2baa14eaa59304a6427a3e3b.jpeg

If you think that's good (it is), if you haven't already, hit 'enlarge image' which 'frames' it in black and it really comes into its own - not this one though (doesn't seem to work) but Skully's original.

EDIT: Seems to work now! :oops:

Edited by wymberley

38 minutes ago, wymberley said:

If you think that's good (it is), if you haven't already, hit 'enlarge image' which 'frames' it in black and it really comes into its own - not this one though (doesn't seem to work) but Skully's original.

EDIT: Seems to work now! :oops:

Thank you again. 👍

It's been stair rods nearly all day.  Just stopped long enough for me to put the bins out.  Roll on global warming. Still they'll be a hose pipe ban in a few weeks. I  expect southern water will up the water rates to pay for more water storage in the summer and more sewage pumping into the sea.

Oh and to pay for the millions in fines for pumping the sewage Into the sea and to pay out massive salaries and dividends

Edited by Minky

13 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Must be 6 inches laying here now and its trying to snow again and we still have a yellow warning for snow for the next 24 hours 

Main roads were cleared today,  trees cleared, but the roads were freezing again at 7pm, then the snow that hasn't been cleared is freezing hard, which is certainly not good for driving.

Rain forecast here tomorrow but I doubt it'll shift the snow.

4 hours ago, Sciurus said:

IMG_2160.jpeg.4d644084e2dfb7fac75db768c9b12d97.jpeg

One of the cars abandoned in our road- the local kids have a sense of humour!😇

A lad in work got stuck near you mate with his lad and ended up in a church with a load of others, he said folk were trying to drive and just sliding into other cars or walls. I was amazed that a few lads made it into work early,  I rocked up at dinner 😁

2 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Main roads were cleared today,  trees cleared, but the roads were freezing again at 7pm, then the snow that hasn't been cleared is freezing hard, which is certainly not good for driving.

Rain forecast here tomorrow but I doubt it'll shift the snow.

A lad in work got stuck near you mate with his lad and ended up in a church with a load of others, he said folk were trying to drive and just sliding into other cars or walls. I was amazed that a few lads made it into work early,  I rocked up at dinner 😁

Yesterday i was out picking up the grandkids in my Range Rover i didnt even put the 4 wheel drive on , But the amount of drivers that still speed up to a juntion and slap the brakes on . I was following a guy and he stopped at ever junction and spun away i slowed down crawled up to the junction and crawled away 

18 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Yesterday i was out picking up the grandkids in my Range Rover i didnt even put the 4 wheel drive on , But the amount of drivers that still speed up to a juntion and slap the brakes on . I was following a guy and he stopped at ever junction and spun away i slowed down crawled up to the junction and crawled away 

Most I saw today were crawling along, I'd say most were going too slow just because there was snow either side of them, later on going slow was a good idea 

Funny one this afternoon though, muppet in front of me slowed then stopped at a roundabout and all the snow on his roof slid forward and blocked his windscreen,  luckily he could just gey out and clear it, wearing shorts t-shirt and trainers despite it being maybe 2°C could have been bad if he'd been going at speed.

We'll need a boat. Thrashing down most of today.   Had a call out at 6am from son in law.  Pitch black fast asleep. He'd taken the daughters car in to work to give it a run. He'd done 6 miles and it has thrown a belt.  No alternator, no power steering diminishing battery power.  Just had to get him off of the road as slowly and safely as  possible. We'll recover it another day.  Too wet to get into it  now. It ain't much fun being bolted out of bed from fast asleep at 6am into a night storm