Wildfowling Forum

Keith 66

11 minutes ago, Keith 66 said:

How many of those on here used to use the private wildfowling forum? Had a look on there today & its still online but no new posts for about a year. Used to be some good lively discussion on there.

Why did wildfowlers stop using it? Why did you stop using it if you went on there?

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 I posted on there a few days ago to see if anyone was around 🤔🤔

I have never been on any other wildfowling forum apart from P W , with it being a foremost Pigeon forum I have found the wildfowling section a bit thin on the ground with wild fowlers which is only to be expected . unlike Pigeon decoying and Pigeon shooting in general the bags taken while wild fowling are only a fraction of what the Pigeon shooters get and yet we rarely hear a report on someones time spent out fowling , the bag don't really matter as even a hand full is classed as a good bag so just hearing about the times spent on the foreshore or the fresh marshes is all we ask for , if you get a few duck or the odd goose then that would be the icing on the cake .      MM

Used to be on it, it was a great font of knowledge and very useful for people like myself who have moved about during their lifetime so have to make new contacts in the new areas.   Then it became a closed forum and you had to be recommended....that often is the death knell when membership is seen as elitist or exclusionary (clubs or forums).  Then along came FB and people went on there.  last checked in about 18 months ago and the only new posts were..... Is anyone still here????

Edited by nic

I was a very active member ''Probably posted too much on it" at times if truth be told There was a time that I was totally obsessed with Wildfowling  and it was a fantastic place to interact with like minded people. There was some really nice and friendly people on there.  I quite liked the fact it was private and people seemed more at ease posting pictures of themselves and giving out advice ect..when not on a public platform. It was quite sad at the time to see it decline for whatever the reason.

1 minute ago, guy baxendale said:

Facebook killed most of the old fishing and shooting forums

I think you're correct. I know [and many other people will too] of one shooting forum that suddenly vanished with no explanation, BSAOG. And another which just faded away, then the plug pulled, again with no explanation, which was definitely down to Faceache. Big shame, as both were full of very knowledgeable members, same as on here, but way less in numbers.

I was a member. A lot of brilliant content but there were some members just waiting to pick holes and pounce on inexperienced members. 

I found it very heavily policed by BASC. A wildfowling club I was in at the time was struggling (and subsequently went under) and as secretary I had asked BASC for guidance and assistance. They were less than helpful, saying that they heard this type of thing all the time, belittling our situation. I posted my frustration on the Wildfowling Forum and was staggered to receive a phone call from a high ranking BASC Officer (who is still with them!), not offering help, but almost telling me off for speaking ill of BASC. I was subsequently suspended from the forum too ( temporarily) - presumably because of the links the forum founder had with BASC. It was 20 years before I rejoined BASC.

Great content,  but very cliquey.