Humans will die out

ditchman

11 hours ago, Minky said:

Apparently I am deprived by going to a school that went to Dover Castle,  Canterbury cathedral,  Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch railway, London zoo and  Bodiam Castle. Strange that we never got to go to the abattoir. Still I did get  to visit one as part of  my job during the foot and  mouth crisis.   I  think that if all kids were taken to an abattoir no one would eat any meat at all.  The reason being that I can drop animals on the spot but the abattoir was one step down from Auschwitz. To see a load of Lambs unloaded into a race waiting their turn. The door opened and five were herded in to the processes. The look on the faces of next ones. They didn't know what was going to happen  but,, they knew fear. I thought primary school children.  The little loves. Murder comes to mind.  Not controlling agricultural pests 

MURDER seems to come to a lot of their minds too  !   Judging by the number of 'Children' committing murders now  ?

2 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Axe throwing, is actually quite enjoyable,  and deceptively harder than it looks.

No it isn't, it is the accuracy that is the difficult part.   :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you struggle with accuracy, offer to be the catcher.....................:cool1:

9 hours ago, Westley said:

According to tonight's news, the latest craze is.........wait for it........AXE THROWING  !     🙄

Apparently its a 'pub game'    😂

i much prefer dwarf throwing.....far more interaction

37 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

No it isn't, it is the accuracy that is the difficult part.   :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you struggle with accuracy, offer to be the catcher.....................:cool1:

I nearly did in 1981..........thankfully it bounced off my riot shield  !  🙂

I think kids today are as tough as any of my or previous generations; it is the adults who are teaching them we need to be concerned about. 
Those are the people who are denying today’s kids the wherewithal to cope with life. Those are the people telling them who or what why should be afraid of, who or what they should find offensive or be offended by. 
Allowed to play and grow together, without agenda, and make up their own minds without indoctrination, they will grow into rational human beings. 
It’s the adults, not the kids. 

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Do you expect to see any of the "GOOD" you predict?

Nope, not that much of an optimist. 

Common sense predicts we are sadly well past the point of no return. Manipulation of the idea associated with common sense now automatically attracts derision and the opinion that someone must have been offended.

42 minutes ago, Scully said:

I think kids today are as tough as any of my or previous generations; it is the adults who are teaching them we need to be concerned about. 
Those are the people who are denying today’s kids the wherewithal to cope with life. Those are the people telling them who or what why should be afraid of, who or what they should find offensive or be offended by. 
Allowed to play and grow together, without agenda, and make up their own minds without indoctrination, they will grow into rational human beings. 

Yep.

52 minutes ago, Scully said:

I was going to say the same, kids are kids, its just adults and elders that are ******up, I would not want to be a child or young person now, social media is anti-social, they are surrounded by loons and world leaders that want to end their life prematurely and are criticised by their peers for daring to think differently. They will never know the freedoms we enjoyed and their food will be tasteless pap. I doubt they will need to go to war, just given some drones, then their life spent computer training, will allow them the expertise to blow each other up from their garages. yes I despair but for different reasons

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

I was going to say the same, kids are kids, its just adults and elders that are ******up, I would not want to be a child or young person now, social media is anti-social, they are surrounded by loons and world leaders that want to end their life prematurely and are criticised by their peers for daring to think differently. They will never know the freedoms we enjoyed and their food will be tasteless pap. I doubt they will need to go to war, just given some drones, then their life spent computer training, will allow them the expertise to blow each other up from their garages. yes I despair but for different reasons

Certainly true, also considering the push to convince youngsters that their mental health has gone awol? 

1 hour ago, old man said:

Certainly true, also considering the push to convince youngsters that their mental health has gone awol? 

Some young people are living under a ridiculous amount of stress [much more than our generation had] social media ensures they have to conform to the current thinking or be ostracised or ridiculed, woe betide a young person that isn't up to date with whatever current trend is being hyped by those with influence [usually older people with their own agenda] many of those influencing our children are actually stupid. It is this stupidity that I fear 

Edited by islandgun

8 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Some young people are living under a ridiculous amount of stress [much more than our generation had] social media ensures they have to conform to the current thinking or be ostracised or ridiculed, woe betide a young person that isn't up to date with whatever current trend is being hyped by those with influence. many of those influencing our children are actually stupid. It is this stupidity that I fear 

Yep, I am aware of 1 school in a well to do area where all of the girls have to have designer shoes to keep up wiv their beasties.

20 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Got to agree with you Ditchy, its a sad state of affairs. We used to live in Great Britain , now we just live in Britain, nowt great about it.

There won't be a Britain soon. Was working in Rotherham last week and two British born Asian gentlemen were openly talking about how to destroy Israel, I politely asked them to refrain from making these comments because I was Jewish( although I'm not) and received the most unbelievable abuse and threats of violence imaginable. Scary times ahead for us I fear