Aim Point rib mounted sight

Daz45

A few days ago I watched a demonstration of this rib mountedred dot sight. The video ramped along discussing
the workings and manufacture and finished with a video of  some lengthy shooting clays.

I was very interested as the item was shown in great detail, and it looked a treat of quality engineering.
The price was not mentioned on the spiel but on searching the net it turned out at £625.00 but possibly
it will sell to people with a lot deeper pockets than mine.
They also have a dealer in Scotland charging less around £545.00

Different from the Shot Kam as you take the orange point to your target and you shoot as normal.

Like to try one but!

New Hunting Shotgun Ventilated Rib Picatinny Rail Scope Mount AccessoriesMini Holographic M1 Red Dot Sight Collimator Scope 20mm Rail For Glock 17 19

Don't know about £500 + but for under £50 on ebay rib mounts and red dots are available. When you've tried them if you don't like them easy to sell on!

below my Silver Century with slug sight fitted, just as simple to fit a low cost, low profile sight (and remove later without damage to your gun)

974145191_silvercentury.jpg.ace8daf31b2599942b4353b37efb733e.jpg

There have been previous threads on this subject.

I am firmly with @Weihrauch17 in that shoguns don't have sights.  I will admit to having tried (one of the very basic ones) designed to assist correcting wrong master eye troubles ........ and eventually admitted it didn't help me at all.

Of course there are exceptions, the only one I can think of being the (very rare in the UK) use of 'slugs' in a shotgun.

Invest the money in sessions with a good coach/instructor and (possibly) a gun fitting session.

Look to be very similar to the Doctor red dot .Have fitted these to double rifles and a colleague on the continent said he was taking scopes off and fitting these .

They are great for moving game such a boar , esspesially if your eye sight is like mine , you see the sight or you see the target, depending on your glasses .  

I se no reason what so ever to fit one to a shotgun unless you are shooting solid slugs, apart from a method of parting money from people who would be better served spending it with a good instructor and gun fitting .

I can recall a Single point sight that worked on a similar principle, many years ago. At the time there was talk of them having such an unfair advantage, they would be banned from Competition use. The idea never caught on back then either.

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

I take the beads off my shotguns to stop me aiming after having used the rifles. It's a huge benefit shooting instinctively particularly when shooting ducks at night. 

I used to shoot with a guy who always removed a shotgun’s bead. 
It doesn’t bother me...........I’m not looking at it.

12 hours ago, London Best said:

I used to shoot with a guy who always removed a shotgun’s bead. 
It doesn’t bother me...........I’m not looking at it.

Yes, this was suggested to anyone starting to shoot clays at our club.

Edited by steve_b_wales

If the fiber optic computed beads don’t work for you, then I don’t see how having an expensive contraption fixed to your rib is going to help. 
the ghost red dots are as been said ok for solid slug on moving targets. 
Certain people on YouTube are paid pros so are they may or may not be biased.