3 hours Ill never get back !

Rewulf

Struggling for something to watch last night with my £100 a month TV packages, a UK based 'civil unrest' drama crossed my radar...

Rant mode on.

'The Way' looked promising, after about 10 minutes, I actually had to check I had loaded the right programme, I pressed on , hoping it would get to the business part.
Yes, we got some unrest, a Welsh steel workers strike in Port Talbot, which somehow sparked a err , civil war in Wales , causing the oppressive English to get the police, army and private armed security firms to quell the 'rebellion' 
A dysfunctional Welsh family , blamed for the unrest , flees for the border with a drugged up son and his Polish 'refugee' (?) girlfriend, it makes no sense whatsoever.
Whilst entertaining wild ideas of how oppressed the Welsh are , and how much the English hate them, without any real explanation of how a workers strike de stabilises the entire UK, the family seek sanctuary in an EU country, in a dinghy , nearly dying in the process.

I Know what its trying to do, it fails on every level.
I know the wokies who made it, it shows their hypocritical level of discrimination , and somehow makes it seem the Welsh are hobbled, disadvantaged against the rest of the UK, its a stupid premise , and completely untrue.

Rant mode off.

I watched it all, looking for some redeeming qualities , the ending was ridiculous.
If youre Welsh, Id love to know if you think Im talking out my behind, and you think its accurate in its ideas.
If youre 'other Brit' and not of the wokey snowflakey type, I would advise to not waste the 3 hours, unless like me, you are masochistically bored.

19 minutes ago, amateur said:

Thank you. I was half considering watching it.

If you are a staunch Welsh nationalist its probably required viewing :lol:
But I wouldnt have minded so much if it was what it described itself to be on the blurb.

11 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Nazi Megastructures followed by Forged in Fire. I think I need to get a life. 

Your time was better spent with them :good:
I suppose if you watched The Way as a comedy, it would be better.

Armed English nationalist manning the border = 'Weve had a lot of diseased Welshies trying to get past us here'

Or the SAS trained 'Welsh catcher' who is err.. Welsh.

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

if you want to lose the will to live watch Oppenheimer.....i survived nearly half way thro...............

big lesson for film makers in how to totally **** up a good story..

Agreed , about 10 minutes of worthwhile dialogue, ands maybe 5 of decent footage.

I think it was a 'long time in the making' idea/wet dream from, among others, Michael Sheen. I've literally just finished watching it,,,, my brain now hurts 🤕

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

if you want to lose the will to live watch Oppenheimer.....i survived nearly half way thro...............

big lesson for film makers in how to totally **** up a good story..

I haven’t see it but as a film buff I suppose I ought to.

My daughter ( who is also a big film fan ) watched it and asked me to do so, then explain to her what it was about! 😄

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, JKD said:

I think it was a 'long time in the making' idea/wet dream from, among others, Michael Sheen. I've literally just finished watching it,,,, my brain now hurts 🤕

I sympathise.

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

My daughter ( who is also a big film fan ) watched it and asked me to do so, then explain to her what it was about! 😄

You could do the entire film in 20 minutes really 

Edited by Rewulf

We got all the sky channel and between the kids we have all the rest and we often struggle for something to watch i usually plump for Dave or History 

But as Big brothers started again it will be back to the DVDs for me till the Mrs has finished watching that **** 

13 hours ago, Bigbob said:

We got all the sky channel and between the kids we have all the rest and we often struggle for something to watch i usually plump for Dave or History 

But as Big brothers started again it will be back to the DVDs for me till the Mrs has finished watching that **** 

Blimey, get another TV in another soundproofed room for her and that carp.

15 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Struggling for something to watch last night with my £100 a month TV packages, a UK based 'civil unrest' drama crossed my radar...

Rant mode on.

'The Way' looked promising, after about 10 minutes, I actually had to check I had loaded the right programme, I pressed on , hoping it would get to the business part.
Yes, we got some unrest, a Welsh steel workers strike in Port Talbot, which somehow sparked a err , civil war in Wales , causing the oppressive English to get the police, army and private armed security firms to quell the 'rebellion' 
A dysfunctional Welsh family , blamed for the unrest , flees for the border with a drugged up son and his Polish 'refugee' (?) girlfriend, it makes no sense whatsoever.
Whilst entertaining wild ideas of how oppressed the Welsh are , and how much the English hate them, without any real explanation of how a workers strike de stabilises the entire UK, the family seek sanctuary in an EU country, in a dinghy , nearly dying in the process.

I Know what its trying to do, it fails on every level.
I know the wokies who made it, it shows their hypocritical level of discrimination , and somehow makes it seem the Welsh are hobbled, disadvantaged against the rest of the UK, its a stupid premise , and completely untrue.

Rant mode off.

I watched it all, looking for some redeeming qualities , the ending was ridiculous.
If youre Welsh, Id love to know if you think Im talking out my behind, and you think its accurate in its ideas.
If youre 'other Brit' and not of the wokey snowflakey type, I would advise to not waste the 3 hours, unless like me, you are masochistically bored.

KIN (Dublin Gangsters) or the new Shogun, if you're looking for something to watch.

Masters of the Air and Sexy Beast are pretty good, too.

3 hours ago, Penelope said:

KIN (Dublin Gangsters) or the new Shogun, if you're looking for something to watch.

Masters of the Air and Sexy Beast are pretty good, too.

Ive been recommend KIN , Ill take a look, and Shogun.
Already watching Masters of the air, its good , but not as good as BOB or the Pacific.
Didnt know there was a Sexy beast series , Ill have a look at that too thanks.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Ive been recommend KIN , Ill take a look, and Shogun.
Already watching Masters of the air, its good , but not as good as BOB or the Pacific.
Didnt know there was a Sexy beast series , Ill have a look at that too thanks.

The Sexy Beast series is a prequel to the film.

2 series of Kin available (binged watched Friday Eve to Sunday Morning), 3rd out later this year with a 4th in filming I believe.

Shogun - 3 episodes available. Airs on a Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Penelope said:

The Sexy Beast series is a prequel to the film.

2 series of Kin available (binged watched Friday Eve to Sunday Morning), 3rd out later this year with a 4th in filming I believe.

Shogun - 3 episodes available. Airs on a Tuesday.

:good:

44 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

:good:

If you watched and enjoyed the 1980's Shogun with Richard (Thorn Birds) Chamberlain, you'll love the new one.

Regarding Master's of the Air, good, but not a patch on BoB or Pacific.

The chap playing the part of Don in Sexy Beast (The Ben Kingsley character in the film) has the part off to a tee.

Kin is bit Dublin does Ozark, but is bloody good with it.

10 hours ago, Penelope said:

the new Shogun

That's on my to watch next list, but I also noticed a new series of Justified set in Detroit , I really enjoyed the original series, not often these days I'll watch 5 series of something,  these day one or two bad episodes and I'm done.

Hello, While the credit should go to the Character Actors who did some good work with the main story line , unrest in Port Talbot seemed very far fetched but it could resonate with some of the unrest of communities we have seen taking place in UK, i am sure the residents of Port Talbot enjoyed the experience but has Michael Sheen lost his Way !!!!

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

On 06/03/2024 at 08:01, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Blimey, get another TV in another soundproofed room for her and that carp.

Nope she worked for sky for 24 years so we get it for free  anyway i  watch what i want and then go back to DVDs , its summer time anyway who's watching tv when there's catching up and pen sections to washed ?.

16 hours ago, Mice! said:

That's on my to watch next list, but I also noticed a new series of Justified set in Detroit , I really enjoyed the original series, not often these days I'll watch 5 series of something,  these day one or two bad episodes and I'm done.

Its good, I also thought the original Justified was an excellent series.

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Its good, I also thought the original Justified was an excellent series.

Good to know, I really enjoyed the original,  the ongoing back story,  the new story each series,  and it wasn't too far fetched.