Dave-G

6 hours ago, discobob said:

Perhaps, in Trump’s time money did flow down to people, whereas now it is staying at the top and not making it to the everyday people over there?

Spot on and it's the same right across the west and certainly true here to, growth doesn't mean the average person see's any benifit from it. Case in point, since 2008 the average person has seen next to no pay rise and a real world cut to their wealth, while the top earners are a minimum 30% richer. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nowadays the whole game is likw when the plantations existed.  The money all goes to the rich folk - who ultimately at the present time are the prime movers of the govrnment. They exist in acountry divided by so many things then Biden decides to allow any and all peoples to have free entry.  From his SOTU he is even further offering greater cash incentivesd including $400 dollars a month towards buying a hous.  All backed by the states great finances but hey hang on, bidens wasted most of that hasnt he.  I reckon he also has a lot of leverage on many of the democratic senators and followers as they seem to follow him godlike?

Pushkin:whistling:

There are so many on here who are truly bad at detecting door handles. Trump and Boris either side of a lying doorway. 🤣

The last thing the world needs is a dictator, or Russia sycophant in the US.  Trump supports both. 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

There are so many on here who are truly bad at detecting door handles. Trump and Boris either side of a lying doorway. 🤣

The last thing the world needs is a dictator, or Russia sycophant in the US.  Trump supports both. 

Boris was infiltrated by what he was infiltrating. Trump is a narcissist for sure but he is benign and indeed, it may be what stops him from bending the knee to globalists. 
Just look at the narratives that are being thrown about to former presidents and also ordinary people (right wing) which predominantly means people who don’t toe the party line ad hominem 

49 minutes ago, discobob said:

Boris was infiltrated by what he was infiltrating. Trump is a narcissist for sure but he is benign and indeed, it may be what stops him from bending the knee to globalists. 
Just look at the narratives that are being thrown about to former presidents and also ordinary people (right wing) which predominantly means people who don’t toe the party line ad hominem 

Benign?????? He wants to overthrow democracy. He invites Orban to visit and admires him as a leader. Listen to the words that come our of him. 

When the UK is at war either party will support the other against the aggressor. Starmer has gone out of his way to support Sunak against the Houthi rebels and against Russia.  Countries present a united front. 

This used to happen in the States but now Trump support Putin over his own president. 

Trump:- 'Putin is talking about nuclear all the time. You know why? Because he knows we have an idiot as a president and he can get away with it'  The bloke is a threat to world peace. 

Those that cannot see this nutter for what he is need to recalibrate. 

26 minutes ago, oowee said:

Benign?????? He wants to overthrow democracy.

Context ? Where exactly has he stated this ?
Globalism is a real threat to democracy , the WEF , the EU, all are a threat to democracy , but no 'Orange man baaaad' :lol:

He invites Orban to visit and admires him as a leader. Listen to the words that come our of him. 

You mean Orban , democratically elected leader of Hungary, NATO and EU member ?

Must be a terrible person.

When the UK is at war either party will support the other against the aggressor. Starmer has gone out of his way to support Sunak against the Houthi rebels and against Russia.  Countries present a united front. 

Starmer follows the herd, like a good little sheep, hes a populist, with no new ideas, and would make one of the worst PMs this country has ever seen.

If labour get in , and thats a big IF , it wont be because they have fresh ideas and charismatic MPs, it will be the poor performance of the tories and voter apathy.

27 minutes ago, oowee said:

This used to happen in the States but now Trump support Putin over his own president. 

Do you remember the cry of 'Not my president !' and the lefts 4 year campaign to remove Trump ?

27 minutes ago, oowee said:

Trump:- 'Putin is talking about nuclear all the time. You know why? Because he knows we have an idiot as a president and he can get away with it'  The bloke is a threat to world peace. 

Is he wrong ?

Biden has bought us war and instability, as close to the brink as Id like to be.
But Trump , who started no wars , and really tried to build bridges with the wests perceived 'enemies' is a threat to world peace ?

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Globalism is a real threat to democracy , the WEF , the EU, all are a threat to democracy , but no 'Orange man baaaad' 

Starmer follows the herd, like a good little sheep, hes a populist, with no new ideas, and would make one of the worst PMs this country has ever seen.

If labour get in , and thats a big IF , it wont be because they have fresh ideas and charismatic MPs, it will be the poor performance of the tories and voter apathy.

Do you remember the cry of 'Not my president !' and the lefts 4 year campaign to remove Trump ?

Is he wrong ?

Biden has bought us war and instability, as close to the brink as Id like to be.
But Trump , who started no wars , and really tried to build bridges with the wests perceived 'enemies' is a threat to world peace ?

48 minutes ago, oowee said:

i've just pressed my reset button and a message came up saying "all's good,no reset needed"

the WEF and it's mouthpiece Klaus Schwab, he's the nearest thing to the "archetypal" Teutonic bond villain you'll ever see.

Edited by Zoli 12 guage

1 hour ago, oowee said:

We should recalibrate to 4 more years of Biden ?

5 years of Starmers labour and the loony left ideals they hold dear?

I'd get used to losing your guns and getting taxed into poverty then 😂

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

We should recalibrate to 4 more years of Biden ?

5 years of Starmers labour and the loony left ideals they hold dear?

I'd get used to losing your guns and getting taxed into poverty then 😂

Lets hope so. Just like the Corbyn Johnson ote its a hobsons choice. At least under Biden he mostly mumbles the right things, the economy is on a stellar high, he is standing upto Putin, keeping the constitution and the US is still a democracy. 

Edited by oowee

One of the biggest problems in the USA (according to the people) is the Border and illegal immigrants (sounds familiar), Biden is failing badly and only mentioned the Border about 45 mins into his speech.

Its a shame the Democrats or the Republicans cannot find a better candidate under 70 years of age 

38 minutes ago, oowee said:

Just like the Corbyn Johnson ote its a hobsons choice.

Not really, Corbyn, a decrepit old communist who lurked on the back benches for 30 years hoping no one noticed he never did anything .
Thought the UK would be better off like Russia, wanted to get rid of our nukes and cut back the armed forces.
Best mates with any terrorist organisation that would entertain him, and thought Ms Abbot would make a great home secretary ?

Or Johnson, who told the odd porkie, and is a dyed in the wool toff who helps his mates ?

Its not a choice.

44 minutes ago, oowee said:

he is standing upto Putin

He probably doesnt even know who Putin is , likely thinks Krushchev is still in power and the Vietnam wars still on.

On 09/03/2024 at 04:47, NoBodyImportant said:

Well, the Trump years were the best I have seen in my lifetime. I was homeless living in a camper under Obama.  No work to be had.  First time I have ever had to turn down work was under Trump.  I am not good with money,  I didn’t finish school but I ended up with a uncomfortable amount of money in my checking account because I kept increasing my prices because I had so much work I couldn’t keep up. I couldn’t invest or spend it quick enough. Bought a farm in the mountains, a place at the beach, 9 acre estates in the city.  Stocks galore.  Now under Biden things are slowing down.  I haven’t had a side gig for a while.  My 9-5 is talking about layoffs.  Luckily all my properties are paid off and I have zero  debt.  My wife and I were talking the other day how wild of a ride it was the last few years.  

I was born and raised Democrat, but my whole family are on the Trump Train.  Kennedy was the only person that could defeat Trump legitimately. 

Seriously have to question just how much you were able to make across those 4 years to be able to buy a farm, a beach house, a city estate as well as multiple other investments all debt / mortgage free. 

What line of work was that in? 

I can’t see many industries in the UK supporting that level of success, and that’s without accounting for losing a huge amount to taxes. 

I’d wager your taxes were a lot lower.

Some of the states my wife and I visited they were around 6%. 

21 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Seriously have to question just how much you were able to make across those 4 years to be able to buy a farm, a beach house, a city estate as well as multiple other investments all debt / mortgage free. 

I can’t see many industries in the UK supporting that level of success, and that’s without accounting for losing a huge amount to taxes. 

😁 Narcotics is big in the states. As is new tech. 

30 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

In the UK, both property and farmland are extortionately expensive.  Property due to short supply.  Farmland (at least in part) due to it being an escape route available to very wealthy people who can tie up money in unproductive assets for the UK's very high (and much hated) inheritance tax.

America is a rich country and those who find a niche for their skills/product/service and are prepared to put in the work can do very well and are not penalised by a taxation system like ours which preys on success and stifles enterprise.

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

In the UK, both property and farmland are extortionately expensive.  Property due to short supply.  Farmland (at least in part) due to it being an escape route available to very wealthy people who can tie up money in unproductive assets for the UK's very high (and much hated) inheritance tax.

America is a rich country and those who find a niche for their skills/product/service and are prepared to put in the work can do very well and are not penalised by a taxation system like ours which preys on success and stifles enterprise.

They also haven’t put up with 20 years of pay stagnation. 

When we toured the US last year we were impressed with many of the states pay for various undervalued jobs here. 

6 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

They also haven’t put up with 20 years of pay stagnation. 

When we toured the US last year we were impressed with many of the states pay for various undervalued jobs here. 

America is much more focussed on rewarding success than we are ........... but it's not a good place to be 'unsuccessful'.

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Was going to ask the same, but didn't want to be intrusive 🙈🙂

In another thread he stated he worked 80 hour weeks for that length of time 🤷

Edited by JKD

20 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Globalism is a real threat to democracy , the WEF , the EU, all are a threat to democracy , but no 'Orange man baaaad' :lol:

Money flows from Russia through Bhattyany foundation to Danube Institute (Orban, Tucker Karlson) to Heritage foundation. Heritage foundation funds and is heavily involved in project 2025 (Trumps planning team for post election success). 

Project 2025 plan proposes a swift takeover of the executive branch proposing that the President has absolute power. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025

Edited by oowee

On 11/03/2024 at 07:22, oowee said:

As said previously, you'd fit in well at CNN with your TDS.

9 minutes ago, discobob said:

Grant will be happy when we have to queue for bread - and he is cruising along in the ZIL Lane!!😂😂

🤣

9 minutes ago, discobob said:

Grant will be happy when we have to queue for bread - and he is cruising along in the ZIL Lane!!😂😂

• welsh1 locked this topic