Binocular Question ?.

samboy

High gang.

Do you lose much optical quality when looking through bino's through a window as opposed to looking through them in the open ?.

Thanks all.

8 minutes ago, samboy said:

High gang.

Do you lose much optical quality when looking through bino's through a window as opposed to looking through them in the open ?.

Thanks all.

You would lose some clarity, and more, if your windows are dirty. 

35 minutes ago, samboy said:

High gang.

Thanks all.

Lots of variables involved.  Light levels, angle through the glass, residues on the glass, quality of the  binos, distances and what you expect to see.   What are you looking at.?

1 hour ago, samboy said:

High gang.

Thanks all.

Well if you've got the  binoculars go and look through the window with and without and see what the difference is. 

5 minutes ago, samboy said:

Just looking through the patio doors. No nets, day time. Nikon Monarch M7 8x30 so reasonable quality.

Yes i know i could open the doors but i was just curious.

Ere.  Your not the bloke off of the sun life advert are you.?   Who looks a bit sheepish like matey glassing his  neighbours garden and who is going to use the £50 gift card to get an upgrade pair of  noculars. 🤣

Every piece of glass has an effect on clarity when compared to the naked eye. What matters is the quality of glass and coating. It's all about work involved creating the end product. Hence cost generally gives better clarity. 

Compare cheap camera lenses costing £50 to similar lenses costing £10,000 .

So answering your question, yes it will make a difference. How much depends on your window glazing and your binoculars. 

Haha that pic of the window reminds me of my mate , he was in his works van in drivers seat and was trying to tamale a shot at a crow in a field through passenger window and ended up putting a hole through the wing mirror. 🤣

On 11/04/2024 at 20:21, B686 said:

Haha that pic of the window reminds me of my mate , he was in his works van in drivers seat and was trying to tamale a shot at a crow in a field through passenger window and ended up putting a hole through the wing mirror. 🤣

There's a few on here done that 😅😅