Poormans steak &stuff

ditchman

57 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Blimey Mate, looks a bit too cooked for me, I do like good steak rare.

There's nothing like a good steak, and that looks nothing like a good steak.

39 minutes ago, London Best said:

How do you stay alive eating so little? 
I would want two of those burgers and four times as many chips. Probably enough onions.

It’s normally the people that eat too much that have issues staying alive. 

2 hours ago, RCB56 said:

There's nothing like a good steak, and that looks nothing like a good steak.

quite agree with you............thats why its a bloody beef burger...(poor mans steak.....are you with me now ? )

i have a blood test tomorrow......to see if im dieing.........hate people sticking needles in my viens

1 hour ago, old'un said:

never seen a burger served with a red wine reduction, was it nice?

it was very nice...almost steak like.....i recommend it

2 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Out of interest, why not cook the veggies in the pie to start with? (asparagus aside of course)

In fact the pie did have chillies, onion and tomatoes in it, but was a portion of leftover from a much bigger pie made when friends were staying that had been in the freezer.  The carrots were leftovers from yesterday, the swede a 'vac packed cube' from the freezer, the peas Birds Eye frozen.  Broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus were fresh.

But I do prefer my veggies quite lightly cooked (almost crisp) and it's easier to get them how I like them that way.  If I cook them in the pie - I tend to end up with them softer that my preference.

There is another 'box' in the freezer with another portion of leftover pie and some leftover veggies included, but from memory, when I froze the leftovers, there was only enough veggies left to accompany one of the (two) pie portions I froze.

20 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

The mushrooms look superb!

i fry them it a bit of oil in a small pan...then add a slice of butter and several twists of blck pepper....then when they change colour i add a few tea spoonfuls of water and put a lid on for a couple of mins....

8 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Its a Mistake!

its NOT A BLOODY STEAK YOU BURK ITS A BLOODY BURGER FOR CHRISTS SAKE.......IE: POORMANS STEAK........ get a grip please what is up with you lot:mad: 

18 hours ago, ditchman said:

i fry them it a bit of oil in a small pan...then add a slice of butter and several twists of blck pepper....then when they change colour i add a few tea spoonfuls of water and put a lid on for a couple of mins....

👍