What Would You Have Done

Had a call over the weekend  Boar causing damage on field so went for a sitout last night              it was arund 9pm when a group  of fallow came onto the field I notice one was limping  really  bad and when I checked him out he had broken  leg with the bone sticking  out I know it was gone time when we are allowed  to shoot but I couldn't  bring myself  to see him suffer so I put it him out of his missery 

20240422_221943_copy_765x1020.jpg

20240422_221929_copy_765x1020.jpg

Edited by Rim Fire

27 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

give that man a ceegar👍

Hold on with the lighter for that Ceeeeegar

Deer act 1991

(2)A person shall not be guilty of an offence under section 2 or section 3 above by reason of any act done for the purpose of preventing the suffering of an injured or diseased deer.

Good man Rim fire for putting it out of its misery. That injury appears to be a relatively recent open fracture and with a high degree of probabilty that animal would have succumbed to nasty death from infection.

For sure you done the right thing! 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Deer act 1991

(2)A person shall not be guilty of an offence under section 2 or section 3 above by reason of any act done for the purpose of preventing the suffering of an injured or diseased deer.

I am glad you cleared that up Dougy as that was my belief  as well before  I posted 

Edited by Rim Fire

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

Deer act 1991

i'm not disputing that bit,BUT,i can't see anywhere,on ANY website,where the "at night with a firearm" bit is mentioned/covered.

just wouldn't want a fellow shooter to drop a gonad🤔

35 minutes ago, Christian Sutton said:

Good move Rimmer I would of done the same even with a none legal Deer calibre and if that Buck was out of season. It's all comes down to common sense and animal welfare. Nice one Doug for pointing out the legislation for all to read.:good:

I think he'd rather do time for shooting deer illegally than have his name changed to RIMMER 😃😆

Hello Christian Sutton :good:

9 hours ago, Dougy said:

Deer act 1991

This. 

6 hours ago, Dougy said:

I think he'd rather do time for shooting deer illegally than have his name changed to RIMMER 😃😆

Hello Christian Sutton :good:

🤣