Cremations ???.

samboy

Hi gang.

Old samboy is getting on a bit now and has decided to get his funeral arrangements sorted.

So can anyone recommend a cremation company like Pure Cremation etc.

The thing that concerns me is once you have paid your money and the firm goes bust what happens then ?.

Thanks all.

32 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i pre payed for mine 10 years ago, with the Co Op , This was before all the other companies started advertising, it is still more expensive with the Co Op but they have a good reputation and not likely go bust

This  👍👍

35 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i pre payed for mine 10 years ago, with the Co Op , This was before all the other companies started advertising, it is still more expensive with the Co Op but they have a good reputation and not likely go bust

I used the Co Op to sort out all the arrangements with my late wife's funeral arrangements , very good at what they do , I didn't compare the prices with other companies so I wouldn't had known if they were the dearest or not , but you are looking at around 5k for  a average cremation from the Co Op .    MM

25 minutes ago, London Best said:

The Co Op is VERY anti shooting. Do not trade with them.

How do you know whoever you are dealing with nowadays are anti shooting ? as there are far more against than in favour of shooting , more so if it involve killing stuff, so do you ask before making a deal ? :hmm:

1 hour ago, Westley said:

This  👍👍

They also seemed best for helping my 2 sons through what can be a difficult time and that was another reason to choose the Co Op, as a note the cost to what i paid has doubled and it was only a basic funeral , any extras i shall sort out before i go but hoping a few more years 🤔😄

I looked into getting my body picked and my ashes return in a urn its about £1400 but in Scotland we have a wake after the funeral and a couple of friends moaned about missing out but i still fancy that option  

2 hours ago, Bigbob said:

I looked into getting my body picked and my ashes return in a urn its about £1400 but in Scotland we have a wake after the funeral and a couple of friends moaned about missing out but i still fancy that option  

We had a wake Bob at a nice hotel that overlook the harbours mouth , good food , tea and coffee that was 15 pound a head , the owner was as good as gold , I told her there would be around 30 people and although there was nearer to 40 she only made the bill out for 30 head .            

11 hours ago, marsh man said:

We had a wake Bob at a nice hotel that overlook the harbours mouth , good food , tea and coffee that was 15 pound a head , the owner was as good as gold , I told her there would be around 30 people and although there was nearer to 40 she only made the bill out for 30 head .            

Its nice too let people remember you , But i think i would still like to be organised as the wife would have plenty to do anyway 

Its a standing joke i have with the wife when we moved her the street was full of old widows , I called it Black widow avenue and joked i wont have long left here

16 hours ago, marsh man said:

How do you know whoever you are dealing with nowadays are anti shooting ? as there are far more against than in favour of shooting , more so if it involve killing stuff, so do you ask before making a deal ? :hmm:

I'd say a lot are more ambivalent towards shooting rather than actively oppose it. Maybe assume the best unless a company makes a point to declare an anti-shooting stance.