Farage

Penelope

On 18/06/2024 at 17:50, Rewulf said:

Now that, is the question.

You see , if the civil service would have carried out its remit, passed to it by the tory government, MAYBE the country wouldnt be in such a mess, and we wouldnt be staring down the barrel of  a labour government with the greyest man since John Major at the helm now.

Good they maybe, magicians they are not. The last 5 years of tory dithership has been ****. No one can deliver non existent policy. 

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, oowee said:

Good they maybe, magicians they are not. The last 5 years of tory dithership has been ****. No one can deliver non existent policy. 

4 out of the last 5 years have been covid and war in Europe or have you just come out of a coma🤔

And waiting in the wings (if Starmer goes back into the EU)will be Bliar whose sole ambition is to be unelected President of the unelected EU and lets not forget the damage he and Brown did to the economy and private pensions. They both promoted European and Asian economies more than our own We have no industry look how many non UK owned companies sell goods here .We had the chance when we voted Brexit to try and improve making our own goods but we have not had a skill base tech training for years  as all went under Blair/Brown era and we are experiencing the results minimum wage jobs tax credits (brought in by Brown ) to make up the money as the well paid factory jobs went (and this from a party that is supposed to be for the working man) and all the immigration does is keep the wages low as our own feckless can get more sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle

10 hours ago, armsid said:

And waiting in the wings (if Starmer goes back into the EU)will be Bliar whose sole ambition is to be unelected President of the unelected EU and lets not forget the damage he and Brown did to the economy and private pensions. They both promoted European and Asian economies more than our own We have no industry look how many non UK owned companies sell goods here .We had the chance when we voted Brexit to try and improve making our own goods but we have not had a skill base tech training for years  as all went under Blair/Brown era and we are experiencing the results minimum wage jobs tax credits (brought in by Brown ) to make up the money as the well paid factory jobs went (and this from a party that is supposed to be for the working man) and all the immigration does is keep the wages low as our own feckless can get more sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle

Got it in one  - inn 10 years they left the country in a worse state than it is now and that is without a global pandemic and a biased civil service on their side.

The problem is that so few of today's voters remember how dire previous Labour governments were.

Had Boris not been felled by the Covid and Ukraine crises, we wouldn't be having this problem.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, armsid said:

I think he has higher designs thanthe EU; WEF, who dictate to the EU. I would be surprised if he replaces 'uncle' Klaus.

Edited by Penelope

So we’ve got a bit of insight into what a reform government would look like over the last couple days:

1. £145k buying a vetting product thinking they were buying a service

2. pledging to remove us from the WEF, something we’re not even a member of

Makes Liz Truss look professional. 

They won’t be forming a government come July 5th with their projected single-digit number of MPs.

They will likely still do a better job of being the opposition, ie holding Starmer & his lunatic cabinet to account, than the Tories. 

And on the WEF, many would argue precise membership status is rather academic. Whether you believe it to be a mere talking shop or a James Bond-level baddie organisation hiding in plain sight, Sir Keir has expressed his admiration for its trappings. We’ll be hearing more from them, that’s for sure.

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

So we’ve got a bit of insight into what a reform government would look like over the last couple days:

I think they've got some very good, common sense policys, that are backed by financial experts and would make a large, positive impact, to working people's lives.

11 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

May be she was?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thKOVjj3QB4

11 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

They won’t be forming a government come July 5th with their projected single-digit number of MPs.

They will likely still do a better job of being the opposition, ie holding Starmer & his lunatic cabinet to account, than the Tories. 

And on the WEF, many would argue precise membership status is rather academic. Whether you believe it to be a mere talking shop or a James Bond-level baddie organisation hiding in plain sight, Sir Keir has expressed his admiration for its trappings. We’ll be hearing more from them, that’s for sure.

In fact I believe the Tool has has said that he prefers Davos to Parliament.

Well he's likely got my vote. I did various interviews years and years ago with the press and they all ask "Can we have a picture with the gun pointing at us" to which I always also refused. As I see has Mr Farage. So he's got my vote as a man who clearly puts gun safety over photo opportunity and he has my respect for that. Even though I still think there's something of the grifter and spiv about him.

He hit four of the clay pigeon targets before being asked to pose for photos.  But he refused to point a gun at photographers, saying: 'Never point a gun, even in jest.'

Farage.jpg

13 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I think they've got some very good, common sense policys, that are backed by financial experts and would make a large, positive impact, to working people's lives.

Thanks for your reply.

Which of their top 3 policies do you think will make the biggest positive impact?

I'm increasingly wary of "experts" but which financial experts are you referring to?

Also, to clarify; when you refer to working people - do you mean ~99% of the population who need to work for a living vs. ~1% who are independently wealthy and do not OR a different slice of the population i.e. working class (whatever that means today)?

3 hours ago, Penelope said:

May be she was?

Thanks for sharing.

Well they do say there exists a fine line between genius and lunatic 😉

15 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Have we ?

Lets have a look at this terrifying lack of competence.

No, they paid for a service.
They paid the vetting company to check its candidates social media history, said company promised a 'deep dive' into their history, one might say a sensible thing to do for Reform UK.
And what did they get for their £144,000 ? Nothing.
Some might say that they were stitched up, and all the bad data was leaked....

“A professional vetting company was paid a six-figure sum in April to vet Reform candidates. They promised a deep dive, particularly on social media, and adverse press checks, received our candidate data but then delivered absolutely nothing.

“Suddenly, a round of stories appear in The Times and elsewhere after nominations close, including some stories that are 15 years old. Something feels very wrong, and I have instructed lawyers to pursue this matter vigorously.”

The company has agreed to pay back all monies paid by Reform.

No, the WEF is not a member organisation, perhaps a poor choice of words by Farage, swiftly seized upon MSM to ridicule, along with all the baseless stories of his racism and membership of the nazi party.
Sometimes their readers get bored of stories about the mass executions that would follow a Reform government ?
But context is the key here, the UK is involved in WEF ideology, world leaders attend their conferences, because they support their plans, and if you think the WEF has good intentions for the likes of you and I , then you need to have a lie down and think about it.
So yes, hes absolutely right, we need to stop UK involvement in WEF ideals.

For clarity this is the actual tweet

Reform UK will reject the influence of the World Economic Forum and cancel Britain's membership of it.

Sorry but both scream of incompetence, reinforcing the point of great at pointing out problems of others, not so hot at getting the basics right in their own shop.

Whilst not reform official, the poster from the supporters group gives further insight into some of their people lurking in the background. Pretty disgusting.

16 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Sorry but both scream of incompetence, reinforcing the point of great at pointing out problems of others, not so hot at getting the basics right in their own shop.

Thats a bit rich, we once had Diane Abbott as potential home secretary :lol:

The basics as you refer, are you employ someone to do a job, a 'service' and not only do they not do it , they somehow leak all the information gathered to the media !
So who is incompetent , or rather in this case criminally corrupt ?
And talking about pointing out the problems of others, labour have spent 14 years pointing out how bad the tories are, whilst spectacularly failing to clean their own house,  having no viable policy alternatives, and they STILL dont.
So lets not talk about incompetence from Reform, its not a realistic way of looking at things.

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Thanks for your reply.

Which of their top 3 policies do you think will make the biggest positive impacts
😉

1 - Lifting income tax exemption to £20k

2 - Cutting fuel duty initially by 20p\l and more in the future and cutting NetZero levies from electricity costs

3 - Achieving NetZero or negative immigration to give services and housing time to catch up.

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Have we ?

Lets have a look at this terrifying lack of competence.

No, they paid for a service.
They paid the vetting company to check its candidates social media history, said company promised a 'deep dive' into their history, one might say a sensible thing to do for Reform UK.
And what did they get for their £144,000 ? Nothing.
Some might say that they were stitched up, and all the bad data was leaked....

“A professional vetting company was paid a six-figure sum in April to vet Reform candidates. They promised a deep dive, particularly on social media, and adverse press checks, received our candidate data but then delivered absolutely nothing.

“Suddenly, a round of stories appear in The Times and elsewhere after nominations close, including some stories that are 15 years old. Something feels very wrong, and I have instructed lawyers to pursue this matter vigorously.”

The company has agreed to pay back all monies paid by Reform.

No, the WEF is not a member organisation, perhaps a poor choice of words by Farage, swiftly seized upon MSM to ridicule, along with all the baseless stories of his racism and membership of the nazi party.
Sometimes their readers get bored of stories about the mass executions that would follow a Reform government ?
But context is the key here, the UK is involved in WEF ideology, world leaders attend their conferences, because they support their plans, and if you think the WEF has good intentions for the likes of you and I , then you need to have a lie down and think about it.
So yes, hes absolutely right, we need to stop UK involvement in WEF ideals.

For clarity this is the actual tweet

Reform UK will reject the influence of the World Economic Forum and cancel Britain's membership of it.

They are just pulling a few pages out of the Democrat's play book for destroying Trump. It's working well for them out there, too 😉

18 hours ago, Stonepark said:

1 - Lifting income tax exemption to £20k

2 - Cutting fuel duty initially by 20p\l and more in the future and cutting NetZero levies from electricity costs

3 - Achieving NetZero or negative immigration to give services and housing time to catch up.

The IFS analysis of the reform manifesto is pretty bleak reading.

18 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Thats a bit rich, we once had Diane Abbott as potential home secretary 

The basics as you refer, are you employ someone to do a job, a 'service' and not only do they not do it , they somehow leak all the information gathered to the media !
So who is incompetent , or rather in this case criminally corrupt ?
And talking about pointing out the problems of others, labour have spent 14 years pointing out how bad the tories are, whilst spectacularly failing to clean their own house,  having no viable policy alternatives, and they STILL dont.
So let’s not talk about incompetence from Reform, it’s not a realistic way of looking at things.

I don’t think anyone is advocating Labour here, so that’s not relevant.

This is my take on Farage:

He basically wants us to leave everything, even things we’re not members of

He’s clearly a Trump fan boy 

He’s a Putin apologist 

He’s a climate change denier

He fronts a party which naturally attracts some pretty unsavoury characters with pretty extreme views

He displays traits which I would personally associate with being based on various forms of racism

So I understand why he is popular here.

12 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I don’t think anyone is advocating Labour here, so that’s not relevant.

This is my take on Farage:

He basically wants us to leave everything, even things we’re not members of

He’s clearly a Trump fan boy 

He’s a Putin apologist 

He’s a climate change denier

He fronts a party which naturally attracts some pretty unsavoury characters with pretty extreme views

He displays traits which I would personally associate with being based on various forms of racism

So I understand why he is popular here.

But, this country and its **** poor so called democratic political system needs a damned good kick up the ****.

Nigel might just be the very man we need.