Sausage & Mash with Onion Gravy

Lloyd90

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, seems i am the only one on PW yet to get one🤔

Hello, more than likely as it is a lot easier to wash, 🤔😀

5 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

No you`re not OPP, I`ve not got one and possibly won`t be getting one either. Kitchen`s not big enough for more gadgets:w00t:

I'm never going to get one either, don't see the point tbh. I normally cook sausages in the oven, as using the frying pan makes so much mess over the cooker 🤦‍♂️

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

No you`re not OPP, I`ve not got one and possibly won`t be getting one either. Kitchen`s not big enough for more gadgets:w00t:

Hello, i keep looking at one on special offer, a 1 Draw Tower Brand model, Years ago i bought a Rotisserie and a deep fat fryer, only used a few times, Was going to get rid of these for the Air Fryer

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i keep looking at one on special offer, a 1 Draw Tower Brand model, Years ago i bought a Rotisserie and a deep fat fryer, only used a few times, Was going to get rid of these for the Air Fryer

Good move, I have a small 4 litre Tower Air Fryer that has been superb.   :good:

5 minutes ago, JKD said:

I'm never going to get one either, don't see the point tbh. I normally cook sausages in the oven, as using the frying pan makes so much mess over the cooker 🤦‍♂️

Hello, i do not have a Cooker, a small table top induction jobbie like they use in China

3 hours ago, JKD said:

Same as you.  I'm not going to derail this thread (done that before in airfryers!), but tried one, didn't work out for me - use normal oven for sausages.

22 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Same as you.  I'm not going to derail this thread (done that before in airfryers!), but tried one, didn't work out for me - use normal oven for sausages.

👍 Great minds and all that 🤓 Onions and gravy in a frying pan,,,, juices and bits from sausages 'swilled' off with hot water for the gravy 😋

4 hours ago, JKD said:

I normally cook sausages in the oven, as using the frying pan makes so much mess over the cooker 🤦‍♂️

Me too. I sometimes add sliced onions and  for a different twist sometimes sliced onions and sliced red peppers with 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.

45 minutes ago, ditchman said:

im doing "mainly texan meatballs today"

,,,,, he drops into the conversation ,,,,,, 😆🤣

2 minutes ago, Bobba said:

Me too. I sometimes add sliced onions and  for a different twist sometimes sliced onions and sliced red peppers with 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.

Sounds interesting,,,, might try that one day 🙂

7 hours ago, JKD said:

Yes [NOT] indeed 😆 And those loosened salt/pepper/vinegar lids 🤦‍♂️🤣

OMG - I wasn't going to mention that, clearly recall unscrewing the Salt lid to get the lad at the top of the table but then the Headmaster moved him and took his place. Salt went all over his dinner but he just carried on as nothing had happened, did drink a lot of water though. 56 years ago 🤥.

6 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

OMG - I wasn't going to mention that, clearly recall unscrewing the Salt lid to get the lad at the top of the table but then the Headmaster moved him and took his place. Salt went all over his dinner but he just carried on as nothing had happened, did drink a lot of water though. 56 years ago 🤥.

It was a common occurrence for the first few days of term 😆 until,,,, one numpty 'stole' some mercury from the science labs and put some into the drinking water in the dining hall 😲 He got into a heap of trouble for that, obviously,,,, probably turned into a psycho, but I'll never know 🙄

15 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And under browned ones are just NASTY.   

When I was 13 (1963) I had a part time job at a local butchers, I used to love eating raw sausages. :yes:

53 minutes ago, old'un said:

When I was 13 (1963) I had a part time job at a local butchers, I used to love eating raw sausages.

Me too at same age, although a few years earlier. I stopped when my mother told me that eating raw sausages gave you worms!!

Never ate a raw sausage, but looking at Lloyds dinner / tea then I would have happily have ate it , my ole chap used to say that if you were hungry you would eat it , it wouldn't be right if all out taste buds were the same 😋

I was told by a chef friend once that you should never eat rare or 'underdone' pork as it carried a much greater risk of hazards (including parasites) than beef or lamb.  Similarly chicken, with the risk of food poisoning greatest. 

Beef and lamb, uncut meat (steaks, joints etc.) could be rare inside but any exposed outsides needed to be properly cooked because these could get contaminated in handling and butchering.  Cut meats, minced, cubed, ground etc. must always be properly cooked.  The exception was correctly and freshly prepared steak tartare, but that is not risk free.