Glasto

Sussexboy

Paul Heatons set was great. A shame Jacqui Abbot can't perform, I believe she is out of action due to medical reasons. However the new female lead was up to the task. 

Not my favourite genre but I watched some of the Sugababes set. 

I'll be checking out more on iplayer in the coming days. 

Looking forward to Cyndi Lauper, Coldplay, Shania and Avril Lavigne. 

Switched on at the start of Dexys. Kevin Rowland never had a brilliant voice, but now it is just embarrassing. His outfit belonged to the Lewis Hamilton school of bizarre. I remember the days of Paul Speare, Geoff Blythe, big Jimmy Paterson and marvelled at just how far the horn section had sunk. When Kevin mentioned Geno Washington and commented that Geno's voice had improved with age, I assumed he was drunk. 

It was awful and I wished I hadn't watched it.

I think there are over 200,000 people attending and there are tens of thousands of tents there.

I know someone camping and it turns out the bloke she was having an affair a while ago with is camped with his wife exactly in the next door tent. How much fun are they going to have? :D

7 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

said on the news this morning she was miming and got caught out several times 

She wasnt miming, she had backing singers.
It confused me a bit at first, especially when she was running and singing at the same time.
But Im happy she wasnt miming.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/glastonbury/glastonbury-dua-lipa-lip-sync-miming-bbc-b2571062.html

15 hours ago, Shadowchaser said:

Paul Heatons set was great. A shame Jacqui Abbot can't perform, I believe she is out of action due to medical reasons. However the new female lead was up to the task. 

Not my favourite genre but I watched some of the Sugababes set. 

I'll be checking out more on iplayer in the coming days. 

Looking forward to Cyndi Lauper, Coldplay, Shania and Avril Lavigne. 

A family favourite of ours seen the beautiful south many times and Paul and Jakie abbot . 
watched it on catchup. Mrs Agriv8 want to see them when they tour again

4 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

A family favourite of ours seen the beautiful south many times and Paul and Jakie abbot . 
watched it on catchup. Mrs Agriv8 want to see them when they tour again

I've just watched Dua Lipas set from last night.  Again not my favourite music, but I know some her stuff from the radio and one or two of her songs are decent. 

Paul Heaton has such a great back catalogue of songs stretching back to the House Martin days. He's certainly one our best and prolific songwriters. 

Edited by Shadowchaser

Inside a pricey, metal fenced, fortress-type festival aimed at virtue-signalling, high status concerned white middle class twits. 

Of course Banksy had to get his oar in with his refugee boat piece. Refugees? Escaping the tyranny of France? I suppose illegal economic migrant doesn’t have that special Guardianesque ring to it. I digress.

Glastonbury? No, not for me 😆 

10 hours ago, Rewulf said:

No miming there 👍

4 minutes ago, nobbyathome said:

I thought Coldplay was brilliant tonight a bit of a happy singsong for the crowd that’s what festivals are all about 

I’m not their biggest fan but they were very good.

I think this years line up was weak so far 🤷🏻‍♂️

:shaun: