Positive Olympics thread 😆

JKD

29 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Far to much going on at the moment with medals coming in left right and centre to comment on any one final JKD .

This have spurred me on to train for the next one , I was thinking of clay shooting but I couldn't see the clay so that won't help , I have been thinking of the B M X racing , maybe they might include the over 75s on the next one , come to think of it , if the good lord don't need me by then I will be able to ride in the over 80s . :lol: my god they don't half get a move on .   MM

Yeah, it's been a busy day with many more medals for Team GB 😄

I think it might be best for us to report and commentate on here,,,, much more relaxing 😆🤣

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the BMX live earlier, I'd just said to the kids watch this girl, she's amazing,  hasn't lost a race yet.

Now I've no idea why they do so many laps, I thought they were getting points or something, but she got closed out in the final, I thought she was guaranteed the Gold, but no medal yet she took it brilliantly,  great show of sportsmanship 👏👏

20 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Watched the BMX live earlier, I'd just said to the kids watch this girl, she's amazing,  hasn't lost a race yet.

Now I've no idea why they do so many laps, I thought they were getting points or something, but she got closed out in the final, I thought she was guaranteed the Gold, but no medal yet she took it brilliantly,  great show of sportsmanship 👏👏

Yes won every heat by a mile and got shut out in the final, like you say her attitude was fantastic.  Great girl.

Well, it's been a brilliant start to the weekend with more medals from the rowing crews 😁🥳😄

How are the BBC going to keep up with all the events going on ?! 🤷‍♂️😆🤣 It's a shame they have no real control over what is broadcast. It is what it is 🙃 They are showing things that weren't broadcast live,,,, sort of in-house record-pause-rewind 😁

Just seen the boxing when we came in, it's just not right.

I've trained and sparred with women, when it's training then your just bodies, it doesn't matter about size or sex.

But playing rugby league and mixed teams stop at under 12s

But when you get up to the elite levels it's poles apart.

Funny how you don't see any women wanting to compete with the men!!

Not sure if it was Australia or USA but one of the women's swimming teams said if a trans gender tried to qualify then the whole team was dropping out!

37 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Just seen the boxing when we came in, it's just not right.

I've trained and sparred with women, when it's training then your just bodies, it doesn't matter about size or sex.

But playing rugby league and mixed teams stop at under 12s

But when you get up to the elite levels it's poles apart.

Funny how you don't see any women wanting to compete with the men!!

Not sure if it was Australia or USA but one of the women's swimming teams said if a trans gender tried to qualify then the whole team was dropping out!

I'd ignore the boxing,,,, they'll sort out any issues as it goes along. I'm now hooked on the Judo !!! WOW, what a team final !!! 👏 👏👏

47 minutes ago, JKD said:

I'd ignore the boxing,,,, they'll sort out any issues as it goes along. I'm now hooked on the Judo !!! WOW, what a team final !!! 👏 👏👏

Just seen the Dutch wallop the Americans in the relay , what a sprint finish , she is some cool athlete .:good:

56 minutes ago, JKD said:

I'm not looking, I was watching it this evening but was getting glared at as they were waiting for me to go out 🤣🤣

I'm also very biased when it comes to Judo, where everything can change in a second!!

7 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Just seen the Dutch wallop the Americans in the relay , what a sprint finish , she is some cool athlete .:good:

Yup, that's Femke Bol,,,, superb athlete 👏 And who doesn't like walloping the Yanks 🤭😁

Mens Cycling,,,, a big hats off to Remco Evenepoel for winning the road race, earning him his 2nd Gold of these Olympics 👏👏👏 Already the Time Trial winner, he got his tactics spot on once again ! 

15 hours ago, Mice! said:

I'm not looking, I was watching it this evening but was getting glared at as they were waiting for me to go out 🤣🤣

I'm also very biased when it comes to Judo, where everything can change in a second!!

Did you manage to see the Judo Team final yet ? If not, well worth catching it on the iplayer 👍😀

28 minutes ago, JKD said:

Did you manage to see the Judo Team final yet ? If not, well worth catching it on the iplayer 👍

I had the highlights on and just saw the result, but I'll look for it when I'm back, I'd seen two fights earlier on.

A really great spectacle to watch, and Judo is massive in France.

Just now, Mice! said:

I had the highlights on and just saw the result, but I'll look for it when I'm back, I'd seen two fights earlier on.

A really great spectacle to watch, and Judo is massive in France.

It'll be even bigger now !!! I wish I'd have dabbled into Judo earlier in life,,,, I've aways been tall and skinny though, so a high centre of gravity, which isn't great for the 'Martial Arts' 🙄🤭😂

7 minutes ago, JKD said:

It'll be even bigger now !!! I wish I'd have dabbled into Judo earlier in life,,,, I've aways been tall and skinny though, so a high centre of gravity, which isn't great for the 'Martial Arts' 🙄🤭😂

That means a long reach and long levers, any body shape can do Judo.

The great thing is watching the different weight categories fight in the teams contest 

8 minutes ago, Mice! said:

That means a long reach and long levers, any body shape can do Judo.

The great thing is watching the different weight categories fight in the teams contest 

Yeah,,,, perhaps it was more a 'state of mind' thing 😆

For those interested, here's the shooting schedule for tomorrow 👍

Screenshot_20240804_130347_Chrome.jpg.cc97341bdfe299e7f24dd77f1524389d.jpg

Amber Rutter got Silver 🥈 Despite not missing a shot in the final 10 [ as shown in the re-play] . Apparently no VAR at these Olympics 🤷‍♂️🙄 Took the decision like a true professional 👏

First the umpire took them to the wrong station during the shoot off, obviously clueless about the rules, and then judges failed to see the last clay of Amber's that had the back edge taken out with her final shot and said it was a miss.

Shocking refereeing for an Olympic final.

Congratulations to Amber on the wrong colour silver you've just won.