The BBC's Share of Radio Listeners has fallen.

TIGHTCHOKE

Well I never, the share of Radio Listeners that listen to the BBC output has fallen.

The greatest improvement of the share of the Listeners seems to have gone to Greatest Hits Radio.

The very place that employed all of the Radio 2 favourites like Ken Bruce and Simon Mayo.

I wonder if the top of BBC Radio is working this out in his tiny business brain?

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/national/24489895.bbcs-share-radio-listening-falls-post-pandemic-low/

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well I never, the share of Radio Listeners that listen to the BBC output has fallen.

The greatest improvement of the share of the Listeners seems to have gone to Greatest Hits Radio.

The very place that employed all of the Radio 2 favourites like Ken Bruce and Simon Mayo.

I wonder if the top of BBC Radio is working this out in his tiny business brain?

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/national/24489895.bbcs-share-radio-listening-falls-post-pandemic-low/

The BBC are an untrustworthy relic.

5 minutes ago, Penelope said:

The BBC are an untrustworthy relic.

They certainly are and if they had to compete within the rest of the media I reckon they would last a couple of years at best.

BBC's best radio station by a mile now is Radio 3 - if you like that sort of thing. And that's because they haven't mucked around with it at all. While the rest of the BBC is obsessed with young people and diversity and don't care for tiny details like knowledge, experience of talent, BBC3's just quietly got on with its life of being everything the BBC used to stand for, like educational, factual and entertaining - and being better than Classic FM. But it is not a mainstream service. 

Everything else is just so stupid, banal and pointless. Substance seems to be a dirty word for BBC Radio these days.

For many years I enjoyed our local BBC Radio Norfolk , then the programs changed and some of the old hands either moved out , or moved on , they then shared the programs with other counties and now it is no longer a local radio station , signs of the times I suppose but no longer worth listening to .     MM

Rarely listen to BBC radio output these days as there are better choices elsewhere. BBC 6Music is still excellent but when I'm working at home and I just want music with no interruptions from annoying presenters, competitions or adverts it's Radio Paradise for me.

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

For many years I enjoyed our local BBC Radio Norfolk , then the programs changed and some of the old hands either moved out , or moved on , they then shared the programs with other counties and now it is no longer a local radio station , signs of the times I suppose but no longer worth listening to .     MM

me too ...until the silly announcer stated getting political.....then he entered the election areana...then he insulted women or something...played on his slightly black heritage...then he thank god got the sack....