Guerini

Gordon R

Have just read the results for the British Sporting Championships. Guerini did quite well:-

Richard Faulds - winner

Rebecca McKenzie - Ladies winner

Charlotte Kerwood - Ladies third

I read that this year's British Compak competition (ladies) was also a Guerini user.

I helped run "rally clays" at Barbury in the summer, and had the pleasure to watch Richard shoot. One of the most tense rounds was Richard against his young lad, and also Richard against Ben. He has an 'odd' way of shooting, and he is naturally gifted. He's a pleasure to shoot, and his gun is lovely also.

@vmaxphil I am not sure I trust that Oxfordshire..... content creator. He pushes what he sells, and I don't feel he's without agenda. Having owned both a 686 and 525, and shot a few Guerini's, I would certainly not say the CG is a downgrade. I *love* Beretta, but the build and warranty of the CG is really great. Solid gun that wins. I would not say CG is a downgrade! That's not to knock the 686, and i would also say it's superior to the 525.

16 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Have just read the results for the British Sporting Championships. Guerini did quite well:-

Richard Faulds - winner

Rebecca McKenzie - Ladies winner

Charlotte Kerwood - Ladies third

I read that this year's British Compak competition (ladies) was also a Guerini user.

It’s not the gun that wins, it’s the man behind it.

10 hours ago, vmaxphil said:

Just to clarify I wasn't criticising guerini I own a invictus 1, head and shoulders above a 525 👍

I don't think it came over that way. It came across that you were sharing someone elses opinion, so no drama there!

Agreed with your comment! I think the 686 and 687 are gorgeous, and the invictus 1 can be hit or miss depending how lucky you get with the wood choice. If I knew then what I know now? I probably would have bought an invictus 1 over my 686. That said, at the time I made a choice that made me fall in love with the sport!

On 02/09/2024 at 22:08, Dave at kelton said:

Good guns…I have a Maxum with 20 and 28g barrels.

Ooh, I do like the look of those. Unfortunately they are out of my price range, but one can dream.

Got any piccies?

Edited by Old Boggy

11 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

I have an Invictus 11.  I have had many shotguns over 30 years including a Browning Crown and a EELL and the Guerini is worlds apart.

Can i just ask, if the gun fits, how is a £10k+ gun any different to a £500 gun?

Please, I'm Not fishing for arguments or silly comments, its a legit question!

Apart from having better quality wood etc, arnt they all just 2 metal tubes with a trigger?

As i do want a Miroku or 525, but my Webley and Scott 912 fits me fine and goes bang when i pull the trigger.

I have a Salvinelli Monaco, Marzocchi Evo, Winchester Supergrade and a Laurona single trigger - in over and unders. All have different trigger pull weights, balance point, but all are fine. 

The only real difference is in the point of balance. The 30" Marzocchi is barrel heavy. The Laurona 28" is neutral, the Winchester 30" is stock heavy. The Salvinelli 32" balances on the pin. It is the heaviest - over 9 pounds, but feels the lightest. 

I'm with BobbyH. If the weight, trigger pulls and balance suit you, the price is largely academic.

44 minutes ago, BobbyH said:

Can i just ask, if the gun fits, how is a £10k+ gun any different to a £500 gun?

Please, I'm Not fishing for arguments or silly comments, its a legit question!

Apart from having better quality wood etc, arnt they all just 2 metal tubes with a trigger?

As i do want a Miroku or 525, but my Webley and Scott 912 fits me fine and goes bang when i pull the trigger.

Reliability, balance, handling and fit and finish.  Why do people buy a Purdey when a Baikal goes bang, each to his own. 

Edited by Weihrauch17

1 hour ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Reliability, balance, handling and fit and finish.  Why do people buy a Purdey when a Baikal goes bang, each to his own. 

The major difference between a Purdey and a Yildiz is exactly the same as that between a Bentley and a Lada. All four marques achieve their objectives  in that they either go bang when their triggers are pulled or move when started (OK, there may be some doubt in the case of the Lada). The difference is down to manufacturing tolerances - the tighter the tolerances, the greater the longevity which is what you're really paying for and which no one has mentioned.

You pays your money and makes your choice.

Edited by wymberley