Armed robber blasts woman officer

myuserid

I can't wait for them to take my cutlery away - someone got stabbed in Romford the other night. Erm make that every night....

Strange eh, fancy that, a bank / post office being held up by someone with a shotgun. That will get them moving in Parliament.

Just as well the Police firearms unit didn't turn up to this one - by the time they would have issued their verbal warnings, written warnings and fired a warning shot (as appears to be the requirements laid down by this forum) then the robbers would have had it on their toes. No doubt it was a lawful incident of "rough shooting" in a local pub by some countrymen and this is just bad reporting and heavy handedness by the police who continue to persecute the legitimate aims of the lawful shooter....

Should have just phoned Kent firearms.... they know how to get the job done.....

Right then, where are those ******s from the other night?

Oh the irony.........

<<deathly silence apart from a few necks winding back in>>

Erm well Mungers, the police will come out of this one smelling of roses - so they won't need to spin any aspect of it which would also explain why details of this emerged earlier that the other event.

Bear in mind please that a prolonged police silence is almost bound to raise suspicion rather than a quick press release as done here?

Hope the WPC is recovering well.

thats not far from me @ all in fact i drove past yesterday with the shottys in the car !!!

Normally it turns out to be people from the surrounding well known high crime areas traveling into town for easy pickings

Theres been a few armed holdups but shooting at a copper takes that a good few steps further !!

guess i may be needing to show my sgl to get ammo locally now !!!

Hooray, we can atleast agree on blaming the journos for another poor job though:

"A woman police constable was hit in the leg by 12 pellets from a shotgun when an escaping robber shot at her. " From the BBC

Someone's got it wrong....

Anyhows, fancy that, getting shot for a "job". So working in the police is not just all about speeding tickets, doughnuts, planting evidence, spin and wild conspiracy theories then.....

Dont know if this has been posted today, but anyway:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/7166063.stm

More bad publicity.

Were they robbing the pub,unlikely as new years morning would have been more fruitful or after the bloke who was injured?

Either way the WPC did her job and full marks to her a brave girl,I hope she very soon recovers.

It brings up the old chestnut though, should she have been armed and therefore better able to tackle these idiots.

Just my thoughts and musings.

:good: D2D

I'm not sure "blasts" is the right word, according to BBC Radio4 news at lunchtime , she was shot in the leg with an air rifle , taken to Hospital and " is expected to be discharged later today ".

where did "hit in the leg by 12 pellets from a shotgun" come from then ?

this just highlights the poor job our journalists do !!!

even the local rag webpage says it was a shotgun !!

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/Policewoman-shot...amed.3629858.jp

http://www.lep.co.uk/CustomPages/CustomPag...px?pageid=70480 see this report as i say armed raiders !!

I'm not sure "blasts" is the right word, according to BBC Radio4 news at lunchtime , she was shot in the leg with an air rifle , taken to Hospital and " is expected to be discharged later today ".

where did "hit in the leg by 12 pellets from a shotgun" come from ?

even the local rag webpage says it was a shotgun !!

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/Policewoman-shot...amed.3629858.jp

First paragraph:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/7166063.stm

I can't wait for them to take my cutlery away - someone got stabbed in Romford the other night. Erm make that every night....

Strange eh, fancy that, a bank / post office being held up by someone with a shotgun. That will get them moving in Parliament.

Just as well the Police firearms unit didn't turn up to this one - by the time they would have issued their verbal warnings, written warnings and fired a warning shot (as appears to be the requirements laid down by this forum) then the robbers would have had it on their toes. No doubt it was a lawful incident of "rough shooting" in a local pub by some countrymen and this is just bad reporting and heavy handedness by the police who continue to persecute the legitimate aims of the lawful shooter....

Should have just phoned Kent firearms.... they know how to get the job done.....

My thoughts exactly about time we started removing rotweillers from people and the police could be armed with them as well!

When its an illegal firearm being used it is of no risk to lawful shooters as it doesn't have any bearing on legally held guns. All it highlights is the police failure of getting on top of illegal gun posession

Radio 4's possibly got an anti-air rifle thing running then that they'd like to boost a bit :good:

What's more likely is that when Radio Four broadcast at lunchtime, they didn't have a definitive version from the police and so relied on newsagencies like AP and PA. Speaking as a former BBC news journalist and current journalist trainer, they would have taken the common aspects of the 2 corroborating agency reports to make the story. They would have got the word pellets from the description of the injuries. I didn't hear it but would take a guess that the air gun reference came from the reference to pellets and was maybe in an interview where the presenter will have been asking about the weapon.

When the police statement became available they changed to shotgun as per the police interview available as video on a link put up in an earlier posting.

Without wanting to start a row like y'day and derail the thread, news reports are never infallible and are only as good as the info made available by police, hospitals and eye-witnesses, none of whom can always give a 100% accurate account. so journos have to make judgements and sometimes they are wrong but not always through their own failings. It's often simply because insufficient info is available but people will still want that news in their bulletins.

Not that journos don't make mistakes - they do - but not all the time. But there will be more and more mistakes or inadequate reporting as more and more jobs are cut in newsrooms. 2,500 going in bbc over next three years. that may gladden the hearts of some of you, butn your news will not improve as a result.

I watched it LIVE this morning as the Officer in charge PLAINLY informed those present that the WPC's injuries were from a SHOTGUN and she had TWELVE pellets in her upper leg.

See, they do make it up and whether it's called 'guessing' 'assuming' 'taking common aspects' - it ain't right!. I rest my case.

Smoke that!!!

Over and Out.

Thank you all for the supporting eMails. Frankly, after last night's knee-jerk, I wasn't gonna bother again. (No, I don't believe he sleeps with him!)

they would have taken the common aspects of the 2 corroborating agency reports to make the story...

2,500 going in bbc over next three years. that may gladden the hearts of some of you, butn your news will not improve as a result.

Nothing personal Keith - but media sensationalism to MAKE stories is largely responsible in my opinion for loss of shooting rights - among most other rights we used to have.

not even going to bother arguing with people with such narrow minds. this will be my last post on the site as i don't wish to waste my time conversing with fools and bigots.

Don't do that Keith, this site would be the poorer for your leaving. Relax, have a drink; it'll all be OK in the morning! It's banter, that's all!

FC