Mens "jewellery".

Cranfield

I was talking to a chap today that had one of those very large chronograph watches on.

It was definitely an expensive one and extremely chunky.

Personally, I don't like to wear any "jewellery and only have a very thin watch, no rings, chains, medallions, etc.

I find things on my fingers, or hanging round my neck, an irritation.

As for anything that means putting a hole in my skin, forget it. :blush:

I must stress that I have no objections to what other people wear , except for a reservation about facial piercings. :unsure:

What "jewellery" do you wear ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to a chap today that had one of those very large chronograph watches on.

Personally, I don't like to wear any "jewellery and only have a very thin watch, no rings, chains, medallions, etc.

As for anything that means putting a hole in my skin, forget it. :blush:

I must stress that I have no objections to what other people wear , except for a reservation about facial piercings. :unsure:

all i wear is one silver box chain on my wright wrist and a gold one on my left wrist nad a watch.

i to dont like rings and necklaces.

or pearcings

Edited by AIRARMSTX200

I used to wear a metal watch with the strap quite loose, but I caught it on a live busbar while I had my hand in a fuseboard and never wore it since!

An engagement ring until I split from the missus

And a chain that she bought me for my 18 birthday, which i no longer wear.

So Im naked at the minute! :unsure:

Watch and a wedding ring.

I really like watches, but have to admit they can get so big and clunky, it almost looks a bit stupid. My sisters ex looked like he had a wall clock on his wrist at times. Cannot see the point in spending thousands on a watch for it to look stupid.

Casio G-shock left wrist, toughest watch i ever had, originaly for diving it serves well in the machine shop, i never take it off, when the battery dies i replace it then, bunch of silver chains around the neck, dont like gold never have realy.

no rings though, nearly lost a finger im my yoot, got it caught whilst showing off to a couple of chicks on the waltzer i worked on :unsure: :blush:

Martin

Absolutely nothing.

I do have a wedding ring, but it no.longer fits.

I've never been a medallion man, or wanna be Mr. T

As an apprentice I was dissuaded from wearing rings of any form when I was sent on first solo job. I was sent down to the batch plant to adjust the winch brakes on a dragline crane. I was told that the driver would show me what to do!

So off I went for a long walk to the batch plant, as I approached the crane from some distance I waved my biggest spanner at the driver, who acknowledged my presence and tracked some of the distance towards me. As I approached the crane the driver stopped the engine, and unfastened the green canvas sides which were press studded to the door opening of the cab. He looked pleased to see me, but not for long, as he jumped down from the cab, his wedding ring caught on one of the press studds, as his body continued down he stripped all of the flesh off his wedding ring finger, and finished up rolling around on the floor which consisted of sand, soda ash, and broken glass, what a mess.

I wrapped his hand in his scarf and the remains of his finger in a clean engineers rag. He had the finger amputated. After a number of weeks he returned to work, and put a call through to the fitting shop and asked if young webber could come and make a few adjustments. He asked me if I had a hammer and chisel in my box, but of course, what half decent fitter doesnt. "Right then, chop them ******g studs, then F off; Oh , by the way thanks for trying to save my finger, I'll treat you when I get the compy" He eventually got his compy, and bought a new Honda 90 with some of it. I got absolutely jack all. After the accident he wore his wedding ring on a small chain around his neck, so it was obviously of significance to him.

webber

I wear an Aqua Lung diving watch, which isn't too big like some diving watches can be. Also wear a couple of leather bracelets and a Maori necklace - I think it is called a Hei Matau, which is a fish hook made from bone.

I also wear a silver St Christopher when I'm travelling anywhere on a plane.

sjk

As for anything that means putting a hole in my skin, forget it. :oops:

I must stress that I have no objections to what other people wear , except for a reservation about facial piercings. :good:

A watch, while working, while fishing, while shooting,while dressed in Sunday togs. Would consider rings and necklaces a hazard in building trade. I see very few of my fellow shooters wearing anything other than a ring.

Blackpowder

Seiko premier perpetual watch on my wrist. Nowt other jewelery.

For me a good quality watch is esential as it has a saphire crystal lens and does not scratch despite being constantly coverd in grit, I used to go through cheap watches at a rate of one a year before.

i was brought up in a travelling family and from a few months old

my granda peirced both of my ears so dont really no owt else

other than ive always wore them he did the same to all the other

kids and grandkids and was a traditional thing to do i like them

and dont feel dressed without them in its just what ime used to

i had some new platinum loops for my birthday i also wear to traditional

silver travellers rings which have been handed down the generations and

mean a lot to me also 2 earings made out of gold spanish deblumes

that wear my grandas and have been in the family a very long time

but dont wear them.

paddy

Wedding ring and have a Rolex GMT master mk 1 courtesy of having once earned a decent wage.Looooong time ago.Easier to get than to keep as its tempting to sell when skint,which is always.Hope to keep it for my kid when I,m dead.

Edited by vole21

To keep up the sarf stereotype I have a diamond stud in my left ear (it had better be real or I want my £11 back from Ratners !), a diferent Fossil watch for each day of the week, an Oneal chain, a silver ring on my left hand and a wrist band in the colours of Trinidad and Tobago on my right wrist ( good enough for Matt Hayes = good enough for me).

Chavtastic !