Mr Pieman Senior

lurcherboy

Listen up chaps.

Most of you will have probarly had some interaction with Mr Pieman at one time or another, and he is missed by many here.

He has a very heavy weight on his shoulders right now and a little support would be nice.

He has allways been very helpfull to me, so, lets let him know we are thinking about him and his Pater.

I don't know how his Father is right now.

PS. on this thread rather than PM's.

LB :lol:

pieman

i have never spoke to you but i do have some experience with what you are going through. whenever i am with my dad i always look for ways that we are alike. as a kid i dreaded becoming him but as i have got older it makes me proud to see just how much i resemble him. I am much more handsome but he is much wiser and cleverer than me. It may not help but it is nice to know that if you turn into your dad your kids will love you as much as you love your dad. sentimental i know but try it. it does help

jimD fish

Guest Mr Pieman

Dear all (and the Newbies I don't know yet),

as some of you know my dad (Mr Pieman Senior) is terminally ill with cancer. I've not got online for sometime to give you an update so thoughtI'd let you know what's going on at the moment.

Dad's cancer has spread ferociously in the last week or two. So much so the doctors have decided that further chemotherapy will serve no purpose in either extending his life or improving its quality. Dad is now totally dependent on oxygen and is regularly being administered morphine for the pains in his chest and back. He is unable to get around too well (has to negotiate the stairs on his bum) and only gets out of bed to go to the loo. He now has all his meals - the little he eats - in bed and probably sleeps around 20 hours a day. His weight is down to less than 9 stones and he looks terribly thin which, I suppose, isn't really that surprising.

Most of my time is spent travelling to and from Grimsby to see him, usually staying for a week then coming home for a few days then back up again. It is a terribly painful experience to watch someone you love die slowly in front of you and I wish it wasn't happening to my dad. He has always been a great ambassador for shooting/hunting etc and has taught me so much over the years. Never shy of an arguement I have often seen him verbally rape and pillidge many antis, even managing to convert a few.

I hoped to be able to get him out one more time before the end but that has now shown to be impossible :)

So, now its a waiting game really. His MacMillan nurse tells me he MIGHT make another 3 weeks but that was an optomistic estimate. The days drag, I feel sadder every second that passes and keep asking the same old question - why him? The sad thing is, its such a terrible disease I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy.

That's all for now. The inevitable is around the corner, I just hope he is able to pass away peacefully and not in too much pain or feeling scared. I love him so much :)

PP

Pieman,

Be strong for your Dad, your family and yourself! Take time alone to do whatever you feel you need to do.

My sister recently lost her boyfriend to cancer. He was a six foot tall, gentle giant who worked as a security guard. One moment he was informing us of his diagnosis and after a short space of time we had lost him. This terrible disease respects no man!

My thoughts are with you and your loved ones at this difficult time.

Rob.

Mr Pieman

My thoughts are with you and hope that the end is swift and painless for your father

I have been visiting the cancer unit at Newcastle general hospital every day for the past 4 weeks and have seen some awfull sights. including small children with cancer. Lets hope that they find an end to this horrible disease soon

I went through a similar experience myself in February when we eventually lost my mum, also to cancer.

No words that anyone can convey will help, other than to assure you that people are genuinley thinking of you and your family. Remain strong, and be assured that after the worst moment has passed, the hurt will gradually ease, and you will be able to remember the many good times that you experienced with your dad, he will always be in your thoughts, as you shall be in mine.

Sincere regards

webber

Pieman,

I was amazed at the bravery of your post...you are one strong bloke.

My thoughts are with you mate, even though we've never met, I admire your guts...take care.

Deako.

Here Here Pieman I agree with Deako 100%.

I lost one of my Grandfathers to Lung cancer... we were very very close. it was desperate watching a former 6ft 14st man, veteran of two wars being whittled away by the disease.

He had great faith in Human kindness and though not particularly religious was convinced he was going to a better place.

We live on through our Children and our Grandchildren I have never forgotten that and I suspect your Father knows it too.

You are a credit to him mate.. Lots of Love to you and your family.

FM.

Pieman,

My thoughts are with you also mate.

We are going through it as well at the moment lost my father in law 5 weeks ago

with it and the mother in law is in St Barnabas Hospice with less than a couple

of weeks to go. The Hospice nurses are brilliant and my respect for them

is endless. We talk when she is able and still have a laugh, but is getting harder :)

As the boys on here have said our thoughts are with you.

Brian