Evening stalk with my 5yr old daughter

v-max

V-Max, Great start in life you are giving your littl'un, she's a lucky girl.

Free range food, loads of fresh air and a good measure of fun education learned the real way :yes:

My daughter is only 6 months, already wants to go lamping, wants a .410 for her birthday and can't wait to learn to hunt (well that's what I tell her mum :good: ).

:D

- nice rifle you have there.

Happy Hunting

AndyCM

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

V-Max,

You are a top man for involving your kids and showing them where meat comes from. This is called the real world to all those idiots out there who posted disapprovingly. That child now knows the difference between the food she see's wrapped up nice and neatly in the local butchers or supermarket, and fresh wholesome, healthy food.

She also knows exactly where her meat comes from and wht it looked like before it was on her plate. My kids are brought up exactly the same, fur, feather or fin it's all the same. See my recent post about ferreting yesterday, my proudest moment was when my eldest went and picked up what we thought was a shot dead rabbit, only for it to get up and trying to get away. Little grabbed it by the back legs, and brought it over to me for dispatch.

This is a girl who has a pet rabbit at home, but knows the difference.

Once again V-Max, good pics, well done, be proud and not ashamed. :yes::D:good:

SS

Sorry but i feel i have only educated my daughter & am proud of it. This is the reason BRITIAN is in the mess it's in when it comes to our food we have lost touch. All the top cheifs live for the wild venison/organic or fresh fish & veg we are what we eat. I think it's sad when kids dont know things like a cow has to have a calf before it can produce milk, an egg comes from a chicken & meat comes from an animal. And MISS V-MAX not happy with some comments on here from idots with no knowledge of the real life & land management xx. :yes:

:D:good::lol:

V-Max,

You are a top man for involving your kids and showing them where meat comes from. This is called the real world to all those idiots out there who posted disapprovingly. That child now knows the difference between the food she see's wrapped up nice and neatly in the local butchers or supermarket, and fresh wholesome, healthy food.

She also knows exactly where her meat comes from and wht it looked like before it was on her plate. My kids are brought up exactly the same, fur, feather or fin it's all the same. See my recent post about ferreting yesterday, my proudest moment was when my eldest went and picked up what we thought was a shot dead rabbit, only for it to get up and trying to get away. Little grabbed it by the back legs, and brought it over to me for dispatch.

This is a girl who has a pet rabbit at home, but knows the difference.

Once again V-Max, good pics, well done, be proud and not ashamed. ;) :look: :good:

SS

:good::good::good:

Can't beat living int the REAL WORLD, and being proud in what we do, and if our kids want to come and learn from us then why the hell not. :yes::yes:

A lot of people say subjecting a child to dead animals when younger is disturbing, what a load of ********!

In todays society everyone has lost touch with the most natural things including mans most basic instinct to hunt. Its only by getting new generations involved in shooting that countrysports can live on!!

There are to many kids these days that sit in front of the tv piling junk food down their throats and becoming obese rather than walking a few calories off and shooting some real food, Lets just hope our kids have a free lifetime of hunting before some idiot in parlaiment decides to introduce further bans on our world!

top shot v-max nice to see the good work :yes:

Nice pics Vmax, my brothers new boy was out for the first time this season to see a drive or two and he was 2 weeks old :yes:

Simply put you bring kids up round shooting and the likes and it is just treated as normal, you can't make them enjoy it but most do and look forward to it. If they don't then they stop coming. I'm a vets son and used to sit in a carrycot on the end of the operating table simply because it was cheaper at that point than a child minder. As far as I know its not done any harm just made it a bit of a shame that you couldn't do the same these days

Edited by al4x

Great shooting and a good start to your kid's education and it is an education - meat comes from animals and we have been eating animals since the dawn of time.

You go back 60 years and explain to your grandparents how 99% of people in this Country and this day and age think meats comes in plastic packets from Tescos, how the government struggles to get people to eat "5 a day" and how so many young people have eating disorders. Indeed, you try and explain anorexia to your grandparents - and they would laugh their tits off. I digress.....

Well done V-Max and little Miss junoir V-Max. (Bless Her) She will probably remember them moments for the rest of her days.

I have fond memories of hunting (Poaching :hmm: ) and fishing with my dad, grandadand,uncles and cousins. :good:

My son 11yrs and my daughter 6yrs love getting involved with shooting ferreting and fishing and eating the fruits of our efforts at the end of it all weather it be fur feather of fin. You can not beat it :(

sadly it seems to be breeding out of our population :yes: , and the norm is more likely to be pre packed in plastick wraping or even worse from fast food **** like Mc doodles or KFC, mass produced "JUNK FOOD"

well done and keep up the good work

Kipper :yes:

Well done on the shooting and the father daughter time, its good you take the time to spend with your daughter and that she wont grow up delusioned thinking meat comes from plastic trays, if there were more pearent figures like you in the world then maybe there would be less chaved up kids wondering the streets causing trouble out of boredom.

Good Job :hmm::good:

Sorry but i feel i have only educated my daughter & am proud of it.

You have no need to apologise!!! My girls have fished from pram age, using livebait for pike etc, my 13 year old has had her own shot gun and shot pigeons, but is now into all things girly and has lost interest, however i took my 9 year old out dry busting on Tuesday and she loved it, she cant wait to go again. its difficult for parents to bond with thier kids in this day and age, so take every chance you get...ignore the morons!!! :hmm:

I am firmly in the camp of starting them young, as I was!!!

This is a pic of my youngest taken in Jan, she is only 6 but this was her second season beating/shooting with me.

Shoot1.jpg

Her older brother is a bit of a pro now and only 10 years old:

BenjaminDuck.jpg

A bunch of kids out shooting like this means the sport has some future....

Shoot6.jpg

Jerry

You can't beat it..... The smile on her face with her first quarry. And a very proud Dad.

Fair play to her, shooting well with that bloody great rifle. It's bigger than her! I'd have loved to go out like that when I was young.

I used to take myself out and do my best with snares etc that I'd copied from books in the school library. I didn't have any adult help with shooting until I was in my 20s and an adult myself. I'm still getting that help now. If I'd have had the chance I'd have loved it.

V-Max. Ignore the stupid comment at the top. The smile shows she wants to be there :good:

heres my lad at 12,hes now 14 coming 15 and loves shooting,he can learn more about the countryside going shooting with me,plants trees animals,tracks in the mud and so on,these youngsters are the sports future,so let them see it all .the good and the bad,least that way its there choich if they want to carry on

Your 5year old daughter enjoys seeing dead animals and watching them being shot?

Well done you must be proud of yourself

Jonno

Saddest comment i ever read in this fourm :lol:

Fair play to you v-max for sharing more quality pictures with us and for sharing the experience with your daughter :good: