do you buy a cart because of how it looks

so its just me then

i like gamebores clear pigeon and rio super20 but i have been known to buy a cart beacous of how it looks

oh and has any one had much look with eleys real tree pigeon beacous i was zapping crows with then on sundat at like 30 yrds and they wher flying off

Edited by highseas

I buy on price, except D and J. I honestly don't know whether I would shoot them if they were free - truly. When Victory shells first came into the country, I got some of the first as a freebie - I liked the bright colours and high brass cases. Out of choice, all else being equal, I prefer high brass and black cases.

Performance and price come first. All the high brass is for is to catch a gunners eye, topmark and some others producied cases with no brass heads. I must confess I do like to see the pellets in gamebore clear pigeon . At least you know the shells have some lead in them after the 20th miss and its my fault if the pigeons keep flying.

Performance and price come first. All the high brass is for is to catch a gunners eye, topmark and some others producied cases with no brass heads. I must confess I do like to see the pellets in gamebore clear pigeon . At least you know the shells have some lead in them after the 20th miss and its my fault if the pigeons keep flying.

Ah yes, the manufacturers always slip in a few "blanks" unless we can see the pellets. Thats why we have unexplained misses ???:drinks::drinks:

my shells are bought on the basis that they are quick, soft to shoot and kill well without being costly. if you buy for looks your an idiot

well i sooo sorry for being an idiot but i can see whats rong with buying a few carts beacous they catch my eye i ALWAYS patten them befor shooting and if i dont like how they perform then i dont buy any more ok

with the crow issue i must have been hitingthem beacous they where falling a bit then flying off and their was fethers droping out of them ant idears

I saw a bloke clay shooting once who was immaculately dressed in a green and pale beige skeet vest, pale beige trousers, green shirt. Very smart - a ladies man I suspect. Not a hair out of place, no creases in the strides. Brown brogues heavily polished. I notice these things because I'm a scruffy *******.

The bloke I was shooting with nudged me and pointed out his cartridge belt - yes, he wore a cartridge belt :oops:

It was only then that I noticed that he had some green shells and some white ones, and they were alternating green/white/green/white in his cartridge belt. :lol:;) ;)

Now, he must have gone out looking for them in those colours. Stuff the shot size, as long as they're green and white :yes:

:D:/:lol: Mr Tasty :sly:

Edited by Chard

well i sooo sorry for being an idiot but i can see whats rong with buying a few carts beacous they catch my eye i ALWAYS patten them befor shooting and if i dont like how they perform then i dont buy any more ok

with the crow issue i must have been hitingthem beacous they where falling a bit then flying off and their was fethers droping out of them ant idears

Any chance of that in English?

When I hear these debates on what is the best gun/cartridge etc, I am reminded of the comment I heard at a clay shoot many years ago; "All cartridges, and all guns, shoot better than all shooters".

To be honest, there are no bad cartridges, even the old Baikels killed well if you pointed your gun in the right direction and did not mind the shower of confetti coupled with the 2-foot flame from the end of the barrel (very noticeable on the shore at flight time).

To put it another way, do you think that if you had a Purdey and used the most expensive cartridge available, you would be competetive against a world-class shot using the cheapest gun and cartridges on the market?

Use those that you like and have confidence in, shooting is 80% in the mind, we all need an excuse when we miss, and it's usually the cartridges that get the blame!