Don't forget your permissions this Christmas

Billy.

I know buying more presents will be the last thing on your mind...! However, don't forget to get your farmer/permission granter a bottle of something for Christmas. Especially if you've not had the land for long.

You'd be surprised how far a little thought can get you some times!

• 3 weeks later...

Well this depends on how you look at it i suppose ,unfortunately for me i have three permissions . Six not so cheap bottles of plonk made there way to there resting place the other week .Nice bottle of red for the wifes and a bottle of the good whiskey for the good old chaps . Even if i paid through the nose it would be cheaper than paying yearly for the permission like a lot of people do ,but guess i am one of the lucky ones . :good::good::lol:

• 1 year later...

I have to agree with this thread!

It is surprising how far a small jesture like a bottle of wine or port goes. They don't cost the earth even if like me you have many small permissions (I have to but over a dozen each year but I don't begrudge a single one of them) but they are worth their weight in gold as a good will jesture!

Took a tin of roses chocs to three of them but one of the farmers was out..

One said there was no need at all...said I am very grateful for the permission and its just a little thing to show it. He said no other shooter that he has given permission to has done anything like this... :blush:

Said to one that did not know what to get so since they have alot of female staff go for the chocs but if they want a bottle of wine, port etc I will get them one...said no need at all the chocs are the best.

My farmer mate wanted me to look after the farm for two weeks while he and his girlfriend are in Trinidad and tobago. Its a bit different to taking a bottle round, but its helped him out no end, and its no problem for me, just moved my two dogs in and off we go.

Just got to look after his two dogs, chickens, Peacocks, and keep an eye on the place.

Of course I'm shooting just about every day,rude not to :rolleyes:

bigt

Edited by bigt1754

had the afternoon of so did the rounds dropping some bottles to the farmers and a nice wine and chocs for the wifes got to the second farm saw the farmer down by the stream popped down to see him , one of the cows in stuck in the mud offered to help 3 hours to get it out i need a drink now still one happy farmer 4 farmers to go