Pictures of our companions.

ollie

Here's Roxy. She is the wifes dog but hopefully she will also learn to work for me too. She is nearly 4 years old and a pure Patterdale Terrier (Not been spayed yet)

Photo 1 shows her in "I might be at home but I'm still alert" mode and photo 2 shows her 5 minutes later in "Bu**er Off with your "Let's go out" idea, I'm chilling out" mode!

post-17172-0-94293400-1382867216_thumb.jpg

post-17172-0-70153500-1382867231_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I tried to post a picture of my 15wk old cocker ( cookie ) a few days ago, but for some reason it wouldn't work?

since then I have taken a couple of video clips with my mobile while I was out with him.

1st time I have posted on youtube

here he is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNadNOvjnRQ&feature=player_detailpage

thanks Paul

You can`t beat a springer. :good:

certainly agree, he is only seven months old but he wont let me move without him,

he is sitting,staying, walking to heel and has now started to return to the whistle, at the moment I,m working on STOP, hes doing really well, took him the clay ground last week and the guns did not bother him at all,

I,m so proud of him, hes my world, even the wife has had her face pushed out, she wasn,t keen at first but now she loves him to bits, thank god lol

don't want to rush him but hes the best companion I,ve had since my lab "buddy" passed away 10yrs ago,only problem is he has worn me out with all the walking but to be honest I,m loving every minute of his company,

he truelly is a wonderful little thing and as good as gold

atb Evo

HighCupNick-9April2011131.jpg

This is my Border Terrier, Lucy. She is registered and has a wonderful pedigree from a Fell pack in Egremont, but all attempts to have her lined failed and the last attempt some years ago resulted in a massive uterus infection which means she can no longer have pups. Was just relieved to get her back from the vets!

She has a fantastic nose and loves working the hedgerows and thick cover and in the past has retrieved two dead geese from the river Eden. Just last Saturday when a pricked cock landed in the river I looked round to stop her on the whistle as there was a fair bit of water flowing, only to find she was already half way across. The cock swam to the shore and disappeared into cover but when Lucy pulled herself out it ran back into the river, followed by my dog which got a mouthful of the bird before it got back to shore where she lost interest after dropping it, and wandered off after another.

My mate has seen her do it before, but another bloke in the syndicate couldn't believe it.

Her favourite pastime is ratting, the number of which she has killed has long been forgotten. She is a chicken killer and must be kept on a lead when passing through farm yards as once they start to run there's no stopping her!

She is my constant shooting companion and sleeps on my daughters bed, where she can often be found under the covers with her head on the pillow (courtesy of my daughter) but the moment she hears keys in the gun cabinet lock she's down the stairs like a shot. I love her to bits and wouldn't be without her.

Edited by Scully

Cant figure out how to attached a photo.

I have an 8 year old Springer, she is not gun dog trained, but is really good and gets very excited when I bring pheasant back from a day beating. She will sit next to them looking very pleased.

I so want another dog, wife doesnt unless its a weimaraner, so currently looking for a good deal on one or a german short haired pointer. Looked as rescues one aswell.

Thanks. There he's 21 months. I got him at 16 months. He's just coming up to 10 now and apart from a little gray on the muzzle hasn't changed a bit. Well apart from his major calming down at 2. Read about it and was sceptical, but you can almost name the day they change.

Hope your search goes well! They are good dogs, but high maintenance exercise wise!

Tom

Edited by TriBsa

Thanks. There he's 21 months. I got him at 16 months. He's just coming up to 10 now and apart from a little gray on the muzzle hasn't changed a bit. Well apart from his major calming down at 2. Read about it and was sceptical, but you can almost name the day they change.

Hope your search goes well! They are good dogs, but high maintenance exercise wise!

Tom

Cheers Tom, I am looking for one that is around that sort of age. Old enough not to be a puppy, but still want to be able to train it.

• 2 weeks later...