Stop and search? Carry the card

V8mondo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a family member killed, your house burgled, car stolen, property stolen, had a drug dealer supply a family member and that family member is now an addict or killed by an overdose or unclean drug etc, or been shot at or had a knife pulled on you, or if you know any victim from any bombings THEN MAYBE, MAYBE, MAYBE, MAYBE you will welcome the Police doing stop and searches.

If you have nothing to hide it will only take a short time, if you trap off then it will take longer!!!!

some people would have sleepless nights if you knew what went on around you in some parts of the country or London.

Do they really think a police officer who stops you to search you and you produce that stupid card, is going to read it and say " Oh my god, I am so sorry sir, I have got this so wrong, please please do not complain about me or I will lose my job"!!!!!! yeah, right!!!!!!!!!!!

There are some little ******** of society out there who think they know it all and complain to get off their offences, don't get me wrong,if an officer is dishonest or unlawful then that is a different matter.

Trouble is, everyone is some sort of legal expert, they know it all don't they!!! makes me laugh they didn't become a solicitor themselves!!! when they start telling you what is right and wrong

I know, why don't we just forget about searching people, lets just let the little darlings of society kill themselves!

Have they not read the papers about knife crime going through the roof, Oh and burglaries.

In my experience the only people who complain are the criminals!!!!!!!!! yes, you read that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonic,

I couldn't agree more, the only ones that would use this have something to hide!

And as you say, if you do get stopped, it will only take a min, and they have a job to do.. let them get on with it

Adam

I say ...Bring it on!!! Wave your card about if you like, aint gonna stop me doing my job...If i have grounds to search someone then i am gonna do it....if it gets knives or drugs off the streets then great. I can honestly say that we cant go round searching someone just for the hell of it, we need to justify it. The days of the Sus law are long gone. If you done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear.

Edited by ozzy518

Sonic,

I couldn't agree more, the only ones that would use this have something to hide!

And as you say, if you do get stopped, it will only take a min, and they have a job to do.. let them get on with it

Adam

:good: i couldn't of said it better myself, i can never understand why people put up such a fuss when being searched, if you have nothing to hide why would you carry this bit of card??

rustybucket

admit it it will just waste the polices time, i have been frisked at an airport before (the metal detector went off right and i had NO metal at all ON me or IN me im sure that guy just waned to frisk me, and god it was a bit of an uncomfortable moment, this guy was atleast 6ft or so and he was MASSIVE (built like a brick **** house) and bald and he was frisking me now that is scarey) i have also been searched by the police and it doesnt take long, its their job, give the guys a break pulling out a card and shouting "ILL TAKE ACTION" it just makes their jobs a whole lot harder, admit it, people who carry these only show the polce them because they want it rough, if you are that scared someone is going to be "rough" with you (no dirty comments :whistling:) then get a un biased witness (a random public member) but i mean jeese it just annoys more people and makes something simple into a bloody mission, its like shooting, you hae 2 equally sized rabbits, one inthe open one, which is partially obscured, you always take the one in the open, because its easier, whats the point in making an easy choice difficult? god these cards are so sad its unbelieveable.....

And Babby yes, i thoroughly checked all of her cavities and i was not disappointed with the results :lol:.... typical it was only a matter of time :whistling: although it did give me a decent laugh and my mum is still laughing and she read it about half an hour ago :D

I agree carrying some Mickey Mouse card isn't going to get you very far. Your chances of actually being searched depend largely on your lifestyle and places you frequent. Given the amount of rubbish the police have to fill in just to speak to people I really don't see the point. However I don't subscribe to the "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear" that mentality is the road to the police state with ID cards etc. Though that appears to be where Britain is heading I'm afraid.

Only people who dont want searching usually are the one with something to hide or do gooders who complain constantly that police shouldnt do this and that, but then complain when they are burgled and your not round there house in 5 mins.

Like others have said it takes a min or so and helps protect us from those thiefing so and so scum backs that crawl around our streets like the rodents they are.

If we left everything to do gooders we would be in world of **** much more than what we are now, instead of worrying about england were we are very tolerant of people why do we need the human rights act, not as if we are running around cutting peoples heads off, liberty central should concentrate on the parts of the world were no one gives a **** about people

I say ...Bring it on!!! Wave your card about if you like, aint gonna stop me doing my job...If i have grounds to search someone then i am gonna do it....if it gets knives or drugs off the streets then great. I can honestly say that we cant go round searching someone just for the hell of it, we need to justify it. The days of the Sus law are long gone. If you done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear.

:welcomeani: :o :o

"i couldn't of said it better myself, i can never understand why people put up such a fuss when being searched, if you have nothing to hide why would you carry this bit of card??"

It's to do with privacy and individual liberty, but I guess if you don't beleive in that you will agree with a cop searching you because you look dodgy, if you like being thrown over a hood and having your arm twisted you know there are clubs for that sort of thing, it is called S&M.

What a waste of time. That isnt going to stop any Police Officer doing his job and if the stop is lawful the Professional Standards Dept, IPCC or a lawyer isnt going to get you anywhere and the Officer is not even going to be bothered by that threat.

These people who dream this up and think it will stop the Police doing their job live on a different planet.

Funny how some people are anti old bill until its their car that gets nicked or their daughter assaulted etc and then they want the Police to do everything to sort it.

Edited by Dibs

Download this handy card, warning police officers that if a stop and search is intrusive, unlawful or malicious, you will take action.

Link

What a load of tosh.... Firstly, by definition of what is written on the card, you would have to identify when a search is intrusive, unlawful or malicious (I doubt most would know what a copper can and can't do during a routine stop and search anyway...)

Secondly and most importantly - Note to idiot who wrote this article - YOU WOULD NOT BE WASTING THE POLICE'S TIME, they get paid, YOU WOULD BE WASTING TAX PAYERS MONEY ...................... Typical Guardian lefty rubbish.

And to the original poster of this thread - Get a life, a job or go hug a tree or something but for Gods sake don't give mindless idiots any more excuses to waste more of our Taxes..... They could be much more wisely spent.

Edited by Newsportshooter

I'd love to be stopped and searched by one of our local coppers. She's a stunner, must be mid 20's, brunette, lovely figure and a beautiful face. :hmm:

Knowing my luck though her partner would search me.........you know the one..40+ fella, overweight, balding slob who just devoured a greasy burger for his lunch and hasn't washed his hands. :D

Can't say stop and search bothers me in the slightest. Then again..I doubt I am their typical target.

I have been searched before in the middle of St.Albans Town centre on a Saterday night.

Until you have been stopped on the street, doing nothing wrong, and searched with everyone else staring at you wondering what youve done, you will not realise how embarrased and degraded it is possible to feel. And do you get an apology when they find your doing nothiong wrong? Do you ****. For a lot of coppers it seems to be a power trip 'look how much power ive got over you, Cower before me, mere mortals.' Unfortunaly too many (not all) seem to have this attitude and its not on.

"Do you ****. For a lot of coppers it seems to be a power trip 'look how much power ive got over you, Cower before me, mere mortals.' Unfortunaly too many (not all) seem to have this attitude and its not on."

Exactly, all these people who spout the "Have nothiing to hide don't worry nonsense" don't understand that coppers are human as well and supsceptiple to corruption, power trips etc. Imagine if a local copper has a grudge on you, then I beleive you will be searched and stopped quite a lot of times.