first kill

the poacher

went out today with the new gun to see if i could shoot something lol saw this rabbit and had a crack at 115 paces and to my astonishment hit the rabbit flying and landed stone dead. this gun has surprised me with the hitting power and accuracy heres a couple of pics i took

Photo-0042.jpg

Photo-0041.jpg

this is the damage from 115 paces

Photo-0043.jpg

Nice looking setup. Try to practice hitting the rabbit in the head. The more you use the 17HMR the more impressed you will be.

webber

Why there vermin unless you want them for the pot what difference does it make , your there to get rid of a problem for the farmer :D there a pest and breed like :hmm: rabbits

Looks like a restocked cz to me ?

Nice shot - i guess you used the 17 grain vmax type with the synthetic tip they do make quite a bit of damage - the 20 grain hollow points i have used lately dont expand on impact so v little damage though i do intendhead shots at all times its just that my rfd didnt have any vmax.

what is the scope you have on there?

depends on your local constabulary,

Hertfordshire allow .22, .17 and .223 for vermin and fox

i blooded my .17hmr last night - first shot was 65 yards, i pulled it slightly and hit the rabbit in the chest, couldn't find where i'd hit him at first, but when i opened him up, it was just goo inside,

second was 85 yards, nice headshot - he got nicknamed JFK, half the back of his head was missing.

I was using Remington Accutips, they certainly do fragment on impact!