what do nuns do??

mark12345

Some of them teach. Both my sisters went to a convent school and had a few nuns teaching them.

I hope they do something worthwhile, but I guess they get paid for by catholics, so I'm not too fussed if they don't do that much for the money.

It depends upon to which order they belong.

The main Christian denominations Catholic, Anglican and Orthodox have many different orders of religious communities.

The main thing that they have in common is that monks and nuns have given up worldly pursuits for the service of God - which can take the form of teaching, nursing, contemplation, looking after refugees etc.

The ordered existence appeals to some people - not for me though, the celibacy rules it out!

I used to shoot near a convent and was a little dubious of there attitude toward my pursuits. Used to trim out the rabbits on a large graden nearby and one day one of the sisters approached me and asked what I did with the rabbits......

I said 'eat em'

She replied 'Oh wonderful, could I have one?

So I skinned one and took it up to the convent and she was over the moon. After light discussion in the Kitchen I asked how she was with people like me shooting things and such like.

Her reply was

'One who takes the life of one of the lords creatures and then feeds gods children with it deserve's no chastisement'

She gave me some home made bread and that was it.