PC GARY TOMS

poontang

In light of the thread on here concerning the G20 demonstrations, and some of the comments expressed in it, it may be worth remembering that the vast majority of police officers in this country are decent men and women doing an increasingly difficult job.

PC Gary Toms was a 37 year old officer attached to CO19 firearms section of the Metropolitan police.

Last Saturday morning he recieved serious injuries whilst trying to apprehend three criminals who had been involved in an aggravated burglary.

PC Toms' life support machine was switched off last night.

Whilst the G20 incidents will, no doubt, rumble on for some time i think it's worth remembering the fine line police officers have to tread on a day to day basis keeping the public safe.

My respect, thanks and condolences to the family and friends of Gary Toms.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's very sad. It's funny how easily people forget these things when they are having a dig at coppers. Without actually being in their position at the time, how can we judge them? The guys that shot that chap on the tube are a good example. People jump on them for killing an innocent man, but acting on the information they had they did the right thing. It may have been an innocent guy they shot, but what if they'd have questioned their information and left him, then he'd detonated a bomb on the train? They'd have been wrong then too. If this chap had gone in a little more heavy handed he may still be here, but he was obviously too friendly about it on the day. It shows that it's not only the innocent public that can lose their lives after a bad decision.

Sometimes mistakes are made. When life is involved it is a real downer, but it still happens. Nobody is perfect.

I hope the people who did this to a guy who was just doing his job get some serious payback for what they've done :innocent:

Edited by njc110381

"A police traffic officer who moonlighted as an electrician between shifts is to be jailed for killing a schoolgirl as he chased a suspect car at 94mph without his blue lights or siren on"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/09/p...ngerous-driving

Yer the filth do a brilliant job don't they

No respects and No condolences. Not that I give a flying **** about whoever he is

Opinions always differ thats what makes us different :innocent:

Jonno

Whilst I admit to being one of the first to have ago at what I believe to be wrongdoings by the police, I am also respectfull of the risks they can and do face and as such offer my condolences to his family.

KW

In light of the thread on here concerning the G20 demonstrations, and some of the comments expressed in it, it may be worth remembering that the vast majority of police officers in this country are decent men and women doing an increasingly difficult job.

PC Gary Toms was a 37 year old officer attached to CO19 firearms section of the Metropolitan police.

Last Saturday morning he recieved serious injuries whilst trying to apprehend three criminals who had been involved in an aggravated burglary.

PC Toms' life support machine was switched off last night.

Whilst the G20 incidents will, no doubt, rumble on for some time i think it's worth remembering the fine line police officers have to tread on a day to day basis keeping the public safe.

My respect, thanks and condolences to the family and friends of Gary Toms.

Well said poony!

"A police traffic officer who moonlighted as an electrician between shifts is to be jailed for killing a schoolgirl as he chased a suspect car at 94mph without his blue lights or siren on"

No respects and No condolences. Not that I give a flying **** about whoever he is

Opinions always differ thats what makes us different :blink:

Jonno

its good to see compassion and respect still exists. :innocent: Do things always go right in your job Jonno?

Opinions always differ thats what makes us different :innocent:

Jonno

true, opinions always differ, and in this case i will give my opinion that you, sir, are a stupid **** for those remarks.

my condolonces to the family, bout time the media got their fingers out on this.

Opinions always differ thats what makes us different :blink:

Jonno

YOU SOD, YOUR A BLOODY DISRESPECTFUL *** DO YOU KNOW THAT, THIS IS NOT TO DISRESPECT THE POLICE THIS IS TO RESPECT THEM, YOU HAVE NO ******* RIGHT TO BAD MOUTH A COPPER AND SAY THINGS SUCH AS "NOT THAT I GIVE A **** WHO HE IS" NEWS FOR YOU MATE, I HOPE THAT WHENEVER YOUR IN TROUBLE NEXT AND YOU ARE FACED WITH AN ARMED PERSON AND YOUR SHOT AND A COPPER LETS THE CRIMINAL GET AWAY I ******* WELL HOPES HE SAYS "WELL NOT THAT I GIVE A **** WHO HE IS" THE POLICE IN THIS COUNTRY DO A DAM FINE JOB AND OCCASIONALLY YOU GET THE ODD ONE OR TWO THAT **** UP, SO BEFORE YOU BAD MOUTH THEM YOU ******* WELL THINK TO YOURSELF, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU DO FOR THE COMUNITY WOULD YOU PUT YOUR LIFE ON THE LINE? NO I BET YOU WOULDNT.....

THIS OFFICER DIED TO HELP THE COMUNITY YOU SCUM BAG SO DONT YOU DARE BAD MOUTH HIM OR THE POLICE....

the police in this country are actually the best are solving crimes, i found this out long ago, anf they were saying that we do the most intense search via forensics and such than any other police force, so dont you dare bad mouth them you peice of scum....

my RESPECT and condolences to PC toms family, friends and colleagues.....

Happy Shooting

Mark

:innocent:

Edited by mark_mjs93

My condolences to Pc Toms's family. No doubt a decent man just doing his bit for the safety of the public. Well said Mark !! Jonno if you ever want to come to Lincoln and wind up a PW member then feel free ! You piece of ****. Unfortunately there are people like you in society who still get the same protection and service from the police as everyone else ! The other G20 debate shows differing opinions but your scummy little comment shows disrespect for a dead man and his family, who you don't know ! Lets hope we never need to waste any police time on you ! ****** !

Col

Jonno you come across as a complete empty head but thats beside the point,

the really important thing is to wish the family our condolences not dwell on the ramblings of a dribbling retard!

so

My condolences to the family of PC Gary Toms,

maybe if the laws were less in favour of a soft touch and not upsetting the scum that walk the streets and the the police could use the full weight of the law Gary would be with us today?

Ok everyone lets all agree that jonno isn't going to be your best friend.

Ignore him because he is getting his kicks from what is happening on here now.

At least we now know to ignore whatever he says. :D

As with most others on here my condolences go out to the family left behind after this tragedy.