Baikal

adam1

I held an SGC years ago and had a Baikal SBS and it knocked birds out of the sky and rabbits fell over when I pointed it at them, thats all i want from a shotgun, i've let my certificate elapse but am in the process of getting back it again as i've regrown my intrest :good: I will be looking for a second hand Baikal as they have a reputation for being reliable as my past experiance goes and i've never heard a bad word about them as a tool (I know there not pretty but if i was looking for something appealing i'd buy a sculpture). Has anyone got a bad word for them or had a bad experiance with one.

Thanks again.

Adam

"Baikal's are good guns. I've had many in the past, and currenty own 3. Get an O/U next time, there is less recoil".

Good advice!I use an o/u 12g & .410 single(Hushpower silencer) Baikals & cannot fault them as working tools.The .410 had a heavy trigger which sorted easily with a little sear polishing but the 12 was fine as bought & the chromed barrels make life easier too.If you find one that fits you well you could do a lot worse for a lot more money.

Cheers looks like it'll be a Biakal then unless there is anything else you can suggest i consider in the price range that will hold out aswell, I doubt it though remember im talking second hand 100 -150 quid,cheap and cheerful :good:

Adam

i love my baikal, had a couple of small problems when i bought it (ejected both cartridges when pulled trigger once and double fired a couple of times) but it was brand new, all is well now and can kill pigeons cleanly as good as any purdey, fantastic gun for the money but i think the woodwork is made from high grade mdf or something of that origin. :hmm::lol:

Edited by BaikalsRule90

I have just bought one today- brand new from Avalon Guns- Baikal SST Ejector o/u 12 bore with 38" barrels £475 with Multi chokes

I'll let you know how she performs- Im just oiling the stock to make it more rain resistant :hmm: and a little more attractive too, as said -aint no contest winner ;)

Les :lol:;)

• 2 months later...

always buy the best you can afford.

if your budget is low ,i dont think you can get a better gun for the money.

over the years they have had bad press but to be fair it will keep working.

not for me ,but the only ones i have fired were well well used and kicked like hell.

i have handled a few newer ones (But not fired them)and they seem ok.

if you liked the last one, buy another.

cheers scott

quote.I break more clays at my club with my Baikal O/U than a lot of guys do with their £2000 Berettas and Brownings. You should see the looks on their faces :lol:

The cost of a gun does not mean anything,its the person firing it.

I do like berettas ,but it will only do the same job really.= bang!.

Its down to what you want to spend and can afford.

(i brought a beretta and am ok with it)

cheers scott