Husher 90

sitsinhedges

I found lots of pigeons on some wheat drillings yesterday when out and about, too late to go home for my decoying kit so arranged to go back today.

I couldn't find a bird in sight when I returned so I had a look at some bean stubble that the birds had seemingly moved on from only to find a strong flightline across it. I know it had been shot by someone else at the weekend but I thought I would give it a try as I was out.

With an east wind on my back I was shooting into the sun making everything hazy and a struggle to judge when to jump up and take a shot at the dark shapes coming to the pattern. Judging range thru a net into the the sun was very difficult. The birds were very twitchy and the Hushpower isn't the best tool for jinxing birds but the moderator was often scorching hot from the busy shooting.

Despite some frustrating misses I still ended up with a great bag of 84pigeons and 6 ferals so came away happy despite everything and once I'd counted up the cartridge to kill rate was well under 2 for 1 so not too bad in the end and I did have some excellent kills amongst the misses. Their taxi is shown to the left of the picture :lol:

Photo0208_zps82d56358.jpg

Nice result. :good:

I find I am using my Hushpower more and more and enjoying it.

Are you getting any pairs with it? I find those particularly satisfying with mine.

I also have to say after criticising Gamebore subsonics that I'm doing OK with some that have been sitting in the cupboard for ages and are now chucked in amongst my reloads. Still prefer my own though.

Edited by sitsinhedges

Are you getting any pairs with it? I find those particularly satisfying with mine.

I also have to say after criticising Gamebore subsonics that I'm doing OK with some that have been sitting in the cupboard for ages and are now chucked in amongst my reloads. Still prefer my own though.

I am shooting it well, with pairs, high birds and all shots I would expect to hit with one of my "normal" guns.

The over and under version is much easier to use than the pump IMO.

Using my standard 12ga O/U on clays the other day I was wincing at the noise it made, it doesn't take long to get use to the quieter noise from the Hushpower.

I am also using the Gamebore Hushpower cartridge, but also a mixture of Gamebore Traditional Game and the Express 20ga.