Made myself a Shooting Bench

sussex lad

Sorry for not replying sooner i've been out with the family.

Thanks for the positive replys guys however....

I can take no credit for the design, its off plans drawn by someone else...I have no idea who or where they have come from.

I received a DWG file which through Alpha Cam I turned it into what came off the machine.

It's a brilliant design, interchangeable left and right handed and comes apart for storage.

There's a few tweek's I want to make on the next one, adjustable feet being something I was thinking about.

I have a few to make for mates so as the design evolves i'll put some pictures up.

ATB

Brian

How long did it take on the CNC to make inc programming ?

Do you do it for a living

It took Saturday morning to write then test the programme. Nearly there, I have tweaked the design some more.

First one of the finished design will get run tomorrow.

Then I can start turning them out for a few friends that have shown interest.

Edited by sussex lad

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=b626bcb72f7cddb85c3a7b5daf0591d2&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=310992&p=2816159&md5check=d4f76396d09aa5ad2a577eb7186f95cd&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,ax1RCMhl6ec'); //]]></script>th_e5d13c96-17d2-439f-8cee-3fab6af4cc49_&&0

Finally finished the bench today and I have to say I love it, wish I had made one years ago.

I added adjustable feet and a gun rack to the design.

May be persuaded to make a few to sell too if enough interest :good:

You should do well there is a guy on another UK forum selling the exact same benches and he sells a fair few.