Rfd prices

Crumpler1991

north wales shooting school wanted to charge me £90 to get a gun for me,,,in polite words I told them to **** off,,, they lost the deal,,their loss not mine and I certainly wont go there again as they basically tried to rip me off

I went to one up here and asked how much to have a gun sent to him?

His reply

"you can't do that, it's illegal"

Walked out smiling

:shaun:

Makes you wonder if you have to do a test to be a rfd

Let's be honest we as certificate holders put a lot of trust in them

Maybee it varies county to county

All the best

Of

All the best

Of

Problem would be RFD covers a lot of people;

Gun maker

Gun smith

Gun shop

Ammunition manufacturer

Club/range gun storage

As a few some won't know very much some just bluff customers as they don't know or don't want to do something, some just aren't gentlemen and stick to the price they quoted!!!!!

All the best

Of

Makes you wonder,we had a gun sent up a few months back,22lr guy took it to his RDF & charged £25 to send it,we paid £15 this end.Problem was although our end knew it was coming( we informed),the gun arrived with zero paper work ( not even the name of my mate who was the purchaser).The guy who sold us it gave his RDF all the details & yet they failed to do it correctly & still had the nerve to charge £25. Edited by Davyo

Not related to the op who had another problem, but with the more expensive rfd charges, I wonder how often people ever shop with them or ifits just once in a lifetime purchase

You can if you try hard enough see the rfd point of view, they have to make a profit carry insurance and sometimes possibly get blamed for any damage to the gun,

They have to contact the original rfd and exchange data, recieve the gun and open it up to check details and log it in, then sign it out to the new owner, all easy enough, but what happens if its scratched and the original rfd states it was perfect when it left here, then more hassel between them and the customer who has seen the damage and blames everyone

So no sale himself for a bit of bother, is £25-40 really that bad for probably 30 mins work including the chat to you when you pick it up and buy nothing else

Not related to the op who had another problem, but with the more expensive rfd charges, I wonder how often people ever shop with them or ifits just once in a lifetime purchase

You can if you try hard enough see the rfd point of view, they have to make a profit carry insurance and sometimes possibly get blamed for any damage to the gun,

They have to contact the original rfd and exchange data, recieve the gun and open it up to check details and log it in, then sign it out to the new owner, all easy enough, but what happens if its scratched and the original rfd states it was perfect when it left here, then more hassel between them and the customer who has seen the damage and blames everyone

So no sale himself for a bit of bother, is £25-40 really that bad for probably 30 mins work including the chat to you when you pick it up and buy nothing else

I can see your point. I think those charges would be reasonable.

The guys have a living to make we must remember. It must annoy when a customer uses you for bits and yet wants to take an hour in you shop talking. Then low and behold he buys a gun cheap on line etc and wants you to take delivery and sort the paperwork etc

Try that at your local car showroom!