Does size really matter.

JDog

In Norfolk they have bigger balls (they must sell more tickets), bigger dykes (yuk) and bigger watches (I have seen this for myself). They also have bigger fields I gather but this one near my home may rival their largest.

The field is 1.5k long and 800m wide at it's widest points and I estimate that it is getting on for 200 acres in size. It was drilled with beans last week and when Mightymariner and I walked it recently we could see beans scattered everywhere. There has yet to be a pigeon on it since it was drilled and as the picture shows the farmer has made a start on rolling it. However it is in a very good area for pigeons so there may be some action at some stage.

DSC07034_zps37rynbhe.jpg

Yes it is big and very flat, what else would you expect from a former airfield?

Mm has volunteered to erect some semi permanent hides in the middle of the field if pigeons ever find the bounty. Well actually he didn't volunteer he merely suggested that they would be a good idea and I agree. How else could the field be shot? The surrounding fields are part of the airfield too and there is no cover on those either.

That is a big field Mr JDog , in fact a very big one compared to most of the ones we shoot on , we have got a few just over 100 acres but most of them are well below that size . our dykes might be a bit bigger , but as far as watches go mine is like a Micky Mouse Timex one and as far as balls go , I cant bend down far enough to see if they are still where they should be :lol:

Some of the biggest fields of Peas I saw were in fenboys neck of the woods down the right hand side of the Nene on Proctors land , to say they were big would be a understatement as it was a job to see where the field of Peas started and where it finished . maybe they were 3 or 4 fields with dykes dividing them , that I don't know as the Peas were close to being vined when I walked down that way a couple of summers ago .