Dealing with trick or treat

Vince Green

Round our way the trick or treat kids are getting out of hand. They go round in gangs and want money, forget a few sweets. If you don't cough up they throw eggs at your windows.

I have now perfected a technique for keeping them away. It works like a charm. No knocks on the door at all last year.

What you do is get an old pair of wellies and paint them silver. then leave them casually by the front door like you have kicked them off as you went in.

The little blighters won't knock if they think Gary Glitter lives there!

I love to see the disappointed look on trick or treaters faces when they get a small Kit-Kat and some penny chews and a look that dares them to ask for money!

A couple of years ago two of the local 'yoofs' turned up at Christmas, sang one line of 'We Wish you a Merry Christmas' and stood there expectantly with their hands out. I told them if they could learn the whole song then they would get some money for proper carol singing. Two days later three of them turned up with a whole song and dance routine to 'Jingle Bells' - more than happy to give them some money for the entertainment and initiative shown.

Rhiannon x

you lot are mean...i always make an effort and get some sweets in for the deserveing lot of them....if they dont fit the bill then i just tell them to do one

its when you tell them to do one that you get your eggs delivered.... :blink:

i try not to be in at halloween......the kids round here are scroats...

speaking of which the carol singers will be around shortly if last year was anything to go by.

shaun...BAH HUMBUG.... :good:

Miserable old farts. :blink:

Ditto that remark - splash out a quid and buy some sweets - you are complaining about a tradition of ours that hasn't yet been banned - thankfully they still make more of halloween and bonfire night in my daughters school than they do of Diwali and other such toot - so Halloweeners(or trick or treat as the money making companies prefer to call it) come knocking at my door and I'll gladly accept you - saying that, throw an egg and I'll crack your head :good:

Ditto that remark - splash out a quid and buy some sweets - you are complaining about a tradition of ours that hasn't yet been banned - thankfully they still make more of halloween and bonfire night in my daughters school than they do of Diwali and other such toot - so Halloweeners(or trick or treat as the money making companies prefer to call it) come knocking at my door and I'll gladly accept you - saying that, throw an egg and I'll crack your head :yes:

It's not one of our traditions, it's some garbage import from the US of A <_<