What happens if you see this whilst out lamping?

SSS

I was out lamping Charlie tonight, and there I was squeeking away, when it suddenly dawned on me.

What would I do if this came at me? 812262_f496.jpg

I know I wouldnt be able to shoot it with a rifle because dangerous game isn't on my FAC but what about shotgun?

There is much speculation in the media with people saying they have seen these big cats in England, so this could be a reality to us in the shooting community. We spend more time in the countryside than the average Joe Bloggs and we are 'encouraging' predators to us when fox shooting.

So, what would you do?

Edited by SSS

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yea mate shoot to kill, do you honestly think you would have time to put your gun down and start clapping to scare it before its almost on top of you :yes:

Good luck if you do :yes:

You should think it wants to eat you so shoot it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meRtPc4DG9A...eature=related#

Edited by teal27

one of the conditions on my fac is ' (d) the shooting of animals for the protection of other animals or humans' so if it was coming for you and you fear for your life you could shoot it and it doesn't even say humanely so if the .22lr was all i had with me it would still get it

Yes, shoot it.

For all those who cry out "I'll lose my beloved FAC ad SGC" ...Think what you might lose if you don't shoot it. (Plus, I think the police force will have some sympathy for you)

I can however see the daily mail making a worthwhile headline out of it:

"STALKERS CRUELLY HUNT DOWN AND SHOOT UK PANTHER"

if i had a .22lr and came accross that thing id propably jib and leg it!! I think there must be the odd one in britain, but i doubt there are many. I think its easy to scare yourself especially when your out lamping alone on a dark windy night especially if someone has told you something about the area your shooting.

I used to go lamping with an air rifle up on a mountain on my friends land, its remote up there and easy to get scared when your young and start thinking about the big cat stories there are about the place! Its easy to be brave if youve driven somewhere, or if you have a shotgun or rifle or a mate or even a dog with you!!

The weirdest place here i reckon is a group of stone circles in a woodland on the side of a hill. Theres a burial mound thing at the top of the hill and a big flat stone by it which i reckon must have been a sacrafice thing... Not many people who live round here know about it because they are not very obvious and have brambles all round them, but they are listed apparantly. Whats weird about them is that i used to walk up past them as a shortcut to a good place for lamping rabbits and if my dog came he hated the place and raised his hackles as he walked past them!! im not bu**********g he even did it in the day. Even weirder is that dad says his sheep dogs all used to do the same round them when they were gathering the hill before the trees were fenced off and that was about 30 years ago. By the way i am the biggest non beleiver of ghosts and **** you will find, but that place is strange in the dark!

There are proven populations of Panthers etc in the UK. A while ago one was hit and killed on the A1, a local farmer was instructed to bury it and keep his mouth shut.

In the US Panthers, Cougers etc are regularly taken with 223s therefore any fox shooting centerfire should be up to the job. You may though legally only drop the hammer on one if either human life or domestic livestock is in immediate danger of being attacked. To do so otherwise may give you a problem if word ever got out, which explains why word never does get out. A black panthers eyes shine green in a white lamp beam so I am told, no it did not get shot as it was not presenting a threat.

A

If it was me..... And it was coming for me....... Pull the trigger of whatever i had in my hand as fast as i possobly could. As earlier noted, it may mean losing your licence, but its a fair trade for keeping your life.

Right or wrong, fight or flight would kick in. And you aint gonna beat it in a race.