4x4 Insurance

kipper

I truly believe that it is the complete luck of the draw with insurance companies, I am insured with Tescos on my disco. I am 38 with full (9 years +) no claims on an R reg disco and I pay just over £200.

My mate Nigel has just renewed his, and he is 10 years older than me, his disco is exactly the same as mine apart from his is a year older, he has more no claims than I do and he lives about 5 miles from me and he was quoted £480 for the same cover.

Now in reverse he is insured with Sureterm for about £200 and they have never given me a quote for less than £300 even TPF & T.

We use the NFU for all of our insurance ect with the company. The car insurance normally can't be beaten if you have a proper 4x4. We took out a fleet policy with them and the prices are incredible. £600 per car up to a value of £25000 and insurance group of 19. Any driver with a uk license and my dads consent. Also the NFU don't actually try and screw you out of paying if there's a claim.

Joe

When using price comparison websites the best thing to do is whoever comes out with the cheapest quote (for example morethan), go to the morethan website and you'll usually find that they give you an even better price. This is because price comparison websites are earning commision if you sign up for the insurance through there searches.

hi kipper, I to have a nissan terrano 2 highlander,i went onto compare.com

who came up with quite a few choices for me,and after a good look at what

i needed in my inshurance cover,I then decieded to use RAC who as you

know a pritty big company/concern..they also saved me £110 on my last

years inshurance... :rolleyes:

hope this helps and good luck.

Regards....(julian)

I got peed off with admiral putting up the premiums every year, no reward for loyalty :yes:

I did the compare websites and then got a quote from tesco (not tesco compare) which beat everything by a long way when you included loan cars and protected no claims.

I got four Karcher pressure washers for free too due to a mistake at there end and sold three of them for £50 each, the no claims on both vehicles from adrian flux sounds good though as I might get a run around to save fuel-the terrano eats diesel :hmm:

My moral is to check around each year but I have been happy with the customer service so far.

with admiral you just get a cheaper quote even from one of the same group and they'll usually match or better it. Unfortunately thats insurance they always try and increase premiums presumably as some people pay it.

Webber thats a lot of money for Insurance, my L200 is under £200 fully comp with 3 named drivers, even in my Hot hatch days with a group 16 car it was under £350 even running a 2005 Rangerover sport through with my details on admiral only comes to £400

I was with Saga as I am over 50 and they wanted nearly 700.00 for my 04 Shogun and they would not insure my Son this year as he is under 30.

I have full NC and 3 points.Through go compare I got it down to 350.00 using Swift who deal online only.You download your documents online so I guess thats how they keep thier priced down.