Whats the strangest meat or fish

reaper6

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had alligator a couple of times, horse once, something that I swear was dog in Viet Nam, and ostrich several times. But, given that there is an ostrich farm down the road from us, that's not so unusual.

I think the strangest food has to be out of MoD ration packs though. Zapp, Lefty et al... Do you guys remember the tinned cheese you got in the 10 man ration packs? very odd stuff.

When I was working in South Africa I tried Crocodile not what I call nice, Elephant, again wouldnt want it ever again, Turtle eeyukkk, Snake was ok, but I got hooked on poxy Biltong when I was there I still buy it here ,The missus thinks it yukk, but IM alway chewing the stuff.

Alicrick, snail like sea going eyuk and perlimon clams that only black women can cook taste lovely but cooked wrong catapult elastic.

Alan

I think the strangest food has to be out of MoD ration packs though. Zapp, Lefty et al... Do you guys remember the tinned cheese you got in the 10 man ration packs? very odd stuff.

The best thing that came out of ration packs was the oatmeal biscuits. Eat 'em dry as a biscuit or make porridge. Fantastic. Probably the most popular item. Were these in the 10 man packs or the single ones?

The strangest meat I have eaten was snake. Really fresh as one of the guys didn't see it and trod on it. It was about eight feet long and four or five inches diameter. The local tracker behind him immediately chopped it's head off ond brought it back to camp, cooked it and shared it out. Tasted a bit like chicken if my memory is still working.

Horse, kangaroo, goat, snake, dog, tendons, stomach, chicken's feet, bullfrog (whole), all sorts of freshwater fish, crabs and lobsters and a bull's cock :blink:

Haven't tried human but I did bite my lip once :blink:

Edited by Starman