Pellet in my hand

MC

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the claim - you can generally only do it if it happened within the last 3 years, unless you were under 18 when it happened, in which case theoretically the ambulance chasers could take it on, but only if they could trace the clay ground's insurers at the time. Highly unlikely after 23 years I would guess.

I run a claims investigations company for my sins... :oops:

Cheers

Roger

I was under 18 at the time, I was about 15. However I had no intention of claiming then and I have no intention of claiming now.

I had only been trapping about 10 minutes when it happened and not only did I get the whole day off I also got paid for the whole day.

Not to mention I didn't have to do any schoolwork for a couple of weeks as my right hand was bandaged up.

£25 and no school work was worth more to a 15 year old than trying to sue someone.

I was under 18 at the time, I was about 15. However I had no intention of claiming then and I have no intention of claiming now.

I had only been trapping about 10 minutes when it happened and not only did I get the whole day off I also got paid for the whole day.

Not to mention I didn't have to do any schoolwork for a couple of weeks as my right hand was bandaged up.

£25 and no school work was worth more to a 15 year old than trying to sue someone.

Fair enough, I spend half my life exposing crappy claims as it is!

Cheers

Roger

this topic made me smile, I too have metal in my finger, probably a bit of "screw" from my days as a drylinner, its weird how you can feel it under the skin, yet not have the bottle to cut it out, I did get my dentist, he's a good guy, to take an x ray of my finger, to prove to people theres something there and Im not imaging it

look mate , go for being traumatised , forced not to say anything by adults and that you were offerd the carrot and stick approach ,£25 missrable quid aint enough for a poor schoolboy who has not been able to say anything untill now

you have only come forward after speaking to your mates who gave you confidence to do so , ask for the shooting rights to your shoot for free for a lifetime and if he does not agree remind him of when you were a choir boy

we dont want to know all the details of that but just say it brought tears to your eyes and you have a backside like a japanese flag .

SORTED and i expect my 25% commision or else

MC leave it in...just might be handy for use in these mass debates if you get my drift! :oops:
worst shot and shakiest hand get to do it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:good::lol::lol:

This thread is useless without pictures.

FM :lol:

Agreed

man up and chop it out, it'll be in a ball of gristle and will pop easy peasy :lol:

used to get it a lot when i was working in the windscreen trade, bit of glass in ya finger, everytime you touched it the ****** would cut a little bit more deeper, only thing to do was get out a single edge razor blade and cut the *****D out, bit by bit by bit ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :yes:

atb four fingers Tel

MC.

If I can find some, I can send you some Surgical scalpel blades in the post (If I have got any left). I just to use them a lot for a variety of delicate projects, but you could slice a hair in two with the bloody things. If not, I recommend you buy yourself some (100 for £10) off the Internet as they are incredibly useful.

About 23 years ago I was shot in the right hand whilst trapping at a clay ground. The day I was shot the Local doctor removed 6 pellets out of my right hand. There was one he missed which has always a hard lump on the edge of my middle finger.

It has now after all this time become irritating and I keep scratching it etc as it is annoying me.

Should I go and see the doctor and get it cut out? Or just leave it there and try and forget about it? When I got shot all those years ago I had the old bill round as the doctors have to report a gunshot injury however it happened and I don't know if I can be bothered with all that again.

It is right near the surface now so perhaps I will just find a brand new stanley knife blade and nick it out myself.

Cheers

Martin

MC, lets have a charity event of it- at Hodnet in May - the highest bidder gets to cut you and extract the said lead :yes: and Video boy can do his thing :lol: All in a good cause !! :look: ;)

Regarding the claim - you can generally only do it if it happened within the last 3 years, unless you were under 18 when it happened, in which case theoretically the ambulance chasers could take it on, but only if they could trace the clay ground's insurers at the time. Highly unlikely after 23 years I would guess.

I run a claims investigations company for my sins... :yes:

Cheers

Roger

It was a joke :look: ;):lol:

nearly 30yrs ago When i was young and stupid,i had a crossman pump up pistol.....i pumped it up as many times as i could and i wanted to feel how much pressure it had,i pointed it to the palm of my hand :lol: oops!...it was loaded :yes: i never knew it was loaded untill the hole healed up,every now and again when i had a little too much to drink i'd try and cut it out with razor blade.the upshot was a quick trip to the A&E where they numbed it and took it out ( this was after having it in there for about 10 years ) i told them it was self inflicted and they never mentioned anything about it,it was a pointed 1.77 pellet which i have kept in a specimen bottle.