Would you buy a new damaged gun

sitsinhedges

Would you buy a new gun that had a couple of small dents in the stock :rolleyes:

It's probably from being lifted in and out of the gun rack at the shop but at over £1100 am I being too picky.

Doubt that I'd get another at the same price because its been on the rack since before all the price rises, but it's still shop soiled really isn't it.

What would you do :yes:

i probably wouldn't unless it was a very good discount, ie around second hand price. :yes:

dont think i would ever be really happy with it and in a few weeks would have wondered why

i hadn't paid a bit more and got a 'proper' new one. :rolleyes:

it seems you must be feeling the same or wouldn't have asked the question. :P

i'd try my luck and see about discount but by the sounds of it its not put you off too much or you wouldn't be asking so i'd just get it, chances are if its gonna be some sort of rough/pigeon gun its gonna get a bit of hammer anyway so why worry, and if its already cheaper than an undamaged gun your still getting a bargain :rolleyes:

To be fair its not that cheap, I would go for a secondhand gun there are some prestine condition Beretta guns out there for less than the price you have been quoted, I saw 1 the other day fired 30 shots and returned to shop and for £500 less than new price a bargain. So Dont waste your money matey!

The GMK List on a SP-S fc is now £1655-00

so if there is one on the racks at £1150 the dealer can't even replace it trade for that - snap it up and sort the wood yourself - its only cosmetic and you will shoot no different dents or none - and how long before you dent it anyway?

For those that suggest you can get any decent Beretta under £1000 today, well if you see one snap it up as a grand really has become base line for anything decent - if its a £500 Beretta, I'd treat it with caution!

I'm sure those dinks haven't just got there. If it were that much of a deal they'd advertise it in big numbers! And why ain't it sold already!

Ask him to name a better price, then whatever he says offer less than that within reason. Retail ain't exactly booming out there....

No...just been through this exact same problem with my latest rifle...made him change the stock!!

I wanted new, and not dented, he offered a tempting deal but I knew I would regret it, so I turned him down!

Yep, I could have saved a bit, and I don't see it making any difference to my shooting, but I feel easier!! :good:

The GMK List on a SP-S fc is now £1655-00

so if there is one on the racks at £1150 the dealer can't even replace it trade for that - snap it up and sort the wood yourself - its only cosmetic and you will shoot no different dents or none - and how long before you dent it anyway?

For those that suggest you can get any decent Beretta under £1000 today, well if you see one snap it up as a grand really has become base line for anything decent - if its a £500 Beretta, I'd treat it with caution!

The man's got a point, at least it's new if only shop soiled it's still got a warranty with it. Well i'd buy it anyway.

Yes but I doubt that was a new one at that price :rolleyes:

I did ring today to ask if he could do me a deal and was told that was the lowest it would go so I kept my money.

Would have had it at £1100, oh well.

It did display as new but maybe not, turning up at a dealers

with cash will usually get a decent discount off the label as

other posters have said buyers market I looked at my

local guy and he's showing aSilver Pigeon Universal

that looks rather tidy.

Thats the problem with gun shops, do many dreamers and non serious buyers handling guns, which invariably leads to cosmetic damage.

When I buy a new gun it has to be new. Even if an RFD has one on the shelf I expect a new one ordered and I am the one who takes it out of the box and all the rest.

Call me gay or what you like thats what I want as a customer and thats that.

One local shop had a problem with it, would'nt order me one just said have the one on the shelf. I just went somewhere else. You are the customer and thats final in my book.

If I ownerd a gun shop there is no way on this earth I would allow such high value stock such as guns be handled by anyone other than those who are genuinely serious about buying one.

From what I am there ist'nt enough mark up in them to allow for much shop soiled stuff!!!!!