Famous quotes

Supersonic

Hi PW'ers

I'm not suggesting you post your favourite FAMOUS quotes (AKA Winston Churchill & Betty Boothroyd) but ones you have experienced personally that you will never forget. Here's my 2 ......

Two of my favourite quotes are both little known and happened on the same day when I was on 216sqn in the early nineties. We were in Nairobi with a broken aircraft so had a few days spare and as a crew decided to go on safari with a guide.

We came across some feeding elephants and a young lady on the crew (whose nickname was Zulu because she was an hour behind the rest of the world) suddenly questioned the occupants of the jeep "are those African or Indian elephants?"

Quote number 2 came at the end of the day when we were back at the hotel enjoying a cold beer. My best mate (to this day) who had been clicking away all day with his expensive Canon camera confided in me "I wish I'd put some ******** film in this thing this morning"

Priceless!!!

Nige

I was in the vets, and i know youll laugh with a chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i Exhibit them and needed some perscription drugs, and needles/syringes to administer them with.

I had to register the bird.

Whats its name, "Dewdrop"

Whats the breed, " a whit austraulorp"

OK what colour is it, "white"

Priceless, the poor girl, the whole waiting room rocked with laughter.

one night when i was walking arnie, a girl walked up to me and asked if he was a dog? i replied "no, he's a ******* donkey" and walked on :rolleyes:

admittedly i didnt realise until later that she possibly meant if he was a dog or a bitch :yes: but she wasnt good looking anyway, so it doesnt matter :yes:

To be fair when I went to Ireland I saw people walking donkeys. They were walking them to secluded spots...

thats ireland for you mate, god knows what they get up to down there :rolleyes:

but i live in northern ireland - thats the bit you english drive through at 100 miles an hour with a flak vest on to get to ireland :yes: :yes:

Edited by Ozzy Fudd

On a boys jolly to Bournemouth a couple of years ago we went to the sea front on the saturday after a couple of swift ones. Leaving the amusement arcade and going out into the glaring sun my mate exclaimed at the top of his voice " Im going to the end of the pier with Dave and when I get there Im going to toss him off ". I swear the beach erupted in laughter :yes:

A loonnnggg time ago after a new years eve in Ballycastle one of the group was telling

us the girl he snogged the night before had sick in her hair, then followed up with...

"But it was OK, 'cos it wasn't her sick".

:yes:

Nial

A favourite from time spent in Japan. When ever we were offered something to eat that looked as if it had fallen out of the wrong end of a donkey with dysentery, or worse still as if it had come out of a Victorian jar where it had spent the last 100 years steeped in formaldehyde, it was always described as “ delicious, like sushi “. Sad thing is I do like sushi !

But colourless, brine pickled vegetables, or tiny squid that squirt ink when you try and pick them up with you chop sticks, or clear noodles that have the same consistency as phlegm, or something that looked and had the consistency of a Stadler eraser , a form of prepared squid I think ( and that was just for breakfast ).

All were as delicious as sushi

Edited by alexr

A while ago, my good friend Cat was describing her lesbian encounter with another of my friends, Sam...

"When I went down on her, all I could think about was how she has the exact same ***** as me! It was like I was going down on myself, it was very confusing!"

Apparently the resemblance is uncanny.