HARRIS or DEBEN Bipod?

shoughton

It's tricky this one, Deben are a bit cheaper but I rate the Harris.

They have been around a couple of years now so it would be interesting to hear of any long term reports from Deben Bipod owners!

Mate of mine got a Deben one and it needed constant tightening of some of the nuts and virtually fell to pieces at one point - I have a Rockmount and it seems fine - I guess the true test will be in a few years time and if it's still in one piece

Having seen the Deben ones and also buying a cheap chinese e.g.a.y. special for my air rifle - personally I will never knowingly buy one from Deben as they look virtually the same units - just like the LED LEDRay lookalike torch I got from china at £8 as opposed to £50 from Deben

• 3 years later...

I bought a Deben 13-27" bipod in September '13 as I was seduced by the cheaper price tag, and to be fair it worked well.

Until the retaining nut on the leg fell off and the thing fell apart that is....

Took it back the the shop who took it back and I paid the extra for a 12-25" Harris swivel bipod

I must admit that you can immediately tell that the build quality is superior.

I'm always looking for a bargain but sometimes you really do 'get what you pay for'

:good:

I've had a deben 9-13 that has been used 2-3 times a week for over a year and it works great never fallen appart or let me down. If I were to make any comments it would be that the foam/ rubber stock protectors needed re sticking and the tilt nut needs tightening periodically. other than that its great.