Is PW Being monitored

pavman

Did you actually bother to read what I put?

Automated Bot

Complex algorithm

Trawl emails and forums

Flag

Manual check

I too can be equally as patronising.

Edit: Wise up. :lol:

So they have automated bots monitoring every internet connection in the world? Or just the ones sending emails or on forums? They reckon on average there's 247 billion messages sent per day means more than 2.8 million emails are sent every second. Those bots must be very busy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They look for irregular patterns of email traffic at a high level and from there drill down further / require manual intervention when significant threats are flagged by the automated systems. As already mentioned they implement complex algorithms that are updated at a regular basis to keep abreast of developments. Large scale / global gambling scams are a classic example.

So they have automated bots monitoring every internet connection in the world? Or just the ones sending emails or on forums? They reckon on average there's 247 billion messages sent per day means more than 2.8 million emails are sent every second. Those bots must be very busy.

why would uk monitering agencies be watching sites all round the world? uk agencies are only intrested in uk e traffic. its called juristiction.

why would uk monitering agencies be watching sites all round the world? uk agencies are only intrested in uk e traffic. its called juristiction.

So they wouldn't do anything illegal like go outside their jurisdiction? They wouldn't be interested in internet traffic in Pakistan or such places. Just UK traffic they monitor then?

Haha, we're actually in an age where a home computer with an i7 processor can hit 107GFLOPS, which is 1,070,000,000,000 calculations per second. I think the 2,800,000 emails a second would be a stroll in the park for a heavyweight supercomputer, which would sport racks and racks of these processors.

At the end of the day, you are under the impression that someone is getting a hundred thousand emails to look through a second; however, how many of those 2.8 million emails are going to contain the phrases which they're looking for? A good percentage will be spam and the other vast percentage will be business related.

Likewise, it doesn't take a genius to set up a bot to trawl Google for keywords and phrases. Companies do it all the time to track trends and governments also do it to shut down illegal sites.

Oh this might be of use to you. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echelon_(si...ue#cite_note-15

Edited by Billy.

is it? do we have internet Jurisdictions? surely if you're fighting terrorists a fair few are based abroad

And to re-enforce Billy's point, how do you think Google works so well? Bots/spiders whatever you want to call them, they is everywhere.........

tin-foil-hat.jpg

:lol:

As libs said, if they want to read it then carry on. I don't post anything that they don't already know about and if breaching privacy stops a terrorist from doing his work then I'm more than happy for them to read whatever they like!

At the end of the day I've got nothing to hide. If they want to monitor me on the loo then so be it. I'm having Vindaloo tonight so I wouldn't want to be the guy on the morning shift tomorrow! :lol:

I can tell you I have been monitored for the last few years. --- Every time I go for dump either the phone rings or door bell goes - There must be a switch on seat and it must trigger a big neon sign somewhere - "OK he's dumping" :lol:

Dave

ps it ain't funny

:lol: is this why im banned from 2 well known sites or is is because i spoke up and said what was on my mind ??

More likely you exceeded their "how much general shooting stuff /scopes/guns/can one person buy/sell without having trade accounts" plausibility threshold....... :lol:

I wouldnt be surprised if the site were monitored, mostly because one minute the same folks who are calling for the return of corporal/capital punishment and the flogging/mutilation of criminals sharia stylee, are the next minute badly covering their tracks by vehemently pretending they hate the "muzlins" and their mental stone age ideas on crime and punishment.

I can tell you I have been monitored for the last few years. --- Every time I go for dump either the phone rings or door bell goes - There must be a switch on seat and it must trigger a big neon sign somewhere - "OK he's dumping" :lol:

Dave

ps it ain't funny

It's about as funny as running out of toilet paper :lol:

There are automated routines that search for words, collections of words and patterns, numbers of times a sequence appears, and frequency that that these sequences occur in all and every bit of traffic that passes between nodes of our (UK) network. They are very selective about what triggers a flag and what level of notice is paid to it. Being a site that has shooting and killing things as its mainstay probably merits occasional browsing by on of the lads/lasses who will in turn pass on anything that they concider to be of more than passing interest, to a supervisor. The contents of this thread has probably pinged on someones desk and some poor unfortunate has been directed to pay attention to this and any other threads which have set off less selective processes, until that person is satisfied that we are all peeing into the wind (or perhaps someone has been deemed to be on the Dark Side will have his/her internet connections/sites/mails monitored until that someone sat monitoring it gets bored again).

Just to add:

Mods and Admins may not be able to, or choose not to monitor your/our PMs, but if the watchers decide they want in, it'll take them seconds to do so.

Edited by Alpha Mule

Just to add:

Mods and Admins may not be able to, or choose not to monitor your/our PMs, but if the watchers decide they want in, it'll take them seconds to do so.

So they could be monitoring all the man love PMs between the Suffolk boys ?

ever since i posted in this thread theres been a pizza delivery van parked outside the house with a satellite dish on the roof :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

you get a pizza truck :lol: lucky!!

I only get this ole white landrover with flashing lights and angry men with guns. They say they want in, but not before they tell me the secret password!!! :lol:

you get a pizza truck :lol: lucky!!

I only get this ole white landrover with flashing lights and angry men with guns. They say they want in, but not before they tell me the secret password!!! :lol:

aye but see thats only cos ur still waiting on ur FAC ya clampit, once ya get it they dont even ask the secret password, they just send in the tank with cs gas like in WACO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Ozzy Fudd