Which animal tastes best ?

ME

Whilst eating my crispy bacon just now I was thinking how versatile the pig is as an animal to eat. I love bacon, sausages, ham, spare ribs and HOG ROAST :drool:

But which animal tastes best ? (including fish/birds/any kind of meat)

Damn! That's a toughie! For our feathered friends, I have to agree with UKPoacher on the Mallard vote. For swine, bovine and ovine they all have their own merits and each can taste better than the other in the right circumstnace. For example, a slice of lamb to go with my breakfast egg wouldn't tick the box but for Sunday night roast with a roast onion and mint sauce it's the tops.

Swine is extremely versatile in what you can do with it and how it tastes. Definately a breakfast animal. All that yummy bacon and sausages not to mention black pudding and brawn (ok, not for breakfast but it sure tastes good in sandwiches with a dot of mustard).

Bovine for me bovril and for me rib eye steak for an evening treat with chips and eggs. Not to mention steak and pudding.

How on earth is one meant to choose from all that?

Edited by Doc Holliday

I was in Munich several years ago and sampled the "Bavarian Platter", we called it farmyard on a plate.

It consisted of Pork steaks, Duck, Chicken, Veal, Sirloin steaks, Lamb, various sausages and a selection of offal all served on a huge copper tray with loads of sauce and potato dumplings.

It solved the problem of which was best by providing them all in one big juicy hit :good:

Still liked the Pork best though....