1. 1. what do u prefer

• Over and under
    • Semi auto
    • Side by side
    • Hammer guns
    • Single barrel
    • Bolt action
    • SMallbores

SxS for game, O/U Clays, Semi for vermin.................

Thats defacto as far as i know but what ever you shoot well with I have a SxS and O/U O/U gets most use as i only shoot clays havent fired a semi fo 15 years!

I have vote for a Side by Side as I am a bit of a "traditionalist" but I will happily admit that I am happy to use an Over and Under and there is no logical reason (In my opinion) why I should not shoot just as well (Or badly) with either!

Same old, same old, same old, this needs a reality check and livening up a bit! :yes::lol::good:

They all fire the same cartridges, and whilst there are potentially obvious differences of barrel length, balance, weight, grip etc etc etc they all do the same job.

I can't get on with SBS at all and my Semi does everything I need so the o/u hardly ever comes out, and the single barrel job is just there for no particular reason.

Until you get to the VERY top end of any sport/discipline, the difference for most comes down to what they like, which usually means what they hit most with! If you can hit the pheasant you can hit the clays and pigeon, you don't need to keep changing guns.

You might as well ask why people buy a Ford Focus and not Vauxhall Astra, or vice versa!

Tradition/choice/peer pressure/cost/I like it/I just want one/I read somewhere/ etc etc :good::good:

A multi choke 12g Semi with a 28" barrel will do EVERYTHING anyone wants (unless they are at the VERY highest level).

What they buy is often very different!

ATB!

Anyone know where I left my Tin Hat :D:D

Side by side for rough and game shooting as it's easier to carry, unload and load. There's a sound reason for the design. For hide shooting, or heavy cartridges a semi auto has design advantages, so I use that. If I shot clays more I would probably get an over and under as it has better properties for that disipline and can more easily be shown to be "safe" to others at the ground. As I rarely clay shoot the semi serves fine for those occasions.