1. 1. what type of shooting do you like best

• Clay DTL/skeet etc etc
    • Driven game birds
    • Stalking (Deer)
    • Rough rabbit, Fox etc
    • Target/range
    • Decoying
    • water fowling

Would like to tick most of them,but if I can only have two:Driven game-bolting bunnies to guns-lamping bunnies.Whoops!never could count! :yes:

Bolting bunnies to guns is a GOOD adrenalin rush.You hear that thump underground as the rabbits become aware of the ferrets,the dogs ears ***** up......great fun! :good:

Never gave that word any thought,it even got censored in the correct context! :lol:

Edited by Scully

Rough shooting def my favourite, nothing beats a day out with your pup and friends not knowing how big the bag is going to be or how many different species you are going to shoot. Also then taking them home for the pot.

Rough shooting def my favourite, nothing beats a day out with your pup and friends not knowing how big the bag is going to be or how many different species you are going to shoot. Also then taking them home for the pot.

Can Ichange my mind?The above is definitely some fo the best days you can have.Good company,good(?) dogs,good craic.What could be better!

Wildfowling does it for me, 5am start in the middle of winter when your breath freezes :good:

you can't beat seeing the start of a new day while sitting and listening to all the wildlife waking up around you. Then there is the rush when you hear geese calls on the wind and see them appear on the horizon, absolute magic.

Wildfowling does it for me, 5am start in the middle of winter when your breath freezes :good:

you can't beat seeing the start of a new day while sitting and listening to all the wildlife waking up around you. Then there is the rush when you hear geese calls on the wind and see them appear on the horizon, absolute magic.

Agreed :yes:

It is almost magical watching the sun rise and listening to the marsh wake up :good:

Although in joint first place, for me, is decoying. Theres nothing more satisfying than having your hard work, (recce, fieldcraft etc) pay off and you get a good days shooting :yes:

I also enjoy fowling, I'm relatively new to it but there is something special about sitting on the marsh waiting for that one chance you may get to shoot a duck/goose. Makes it all the more exciting. I also enjoy pigeon shooting decoying is good but I like just sitting on the edge of a wood with a handful of cartridges late evening shooting as they come into roost :good:

Can't wait for the dog to be ready as well .

Edited by mpk

Agreed :yes:

It is almost magical watching the sun rise and listening to the marsh wake up :good:

Although in joint first place, for me, is decoying. Theres nothing more satisfying than having your hard work, (recce, fieldcraft etc) pay off and you get a good days shooting :yes:

I have to agree about the wildfowling on the coast, although this will only be my second season, I feel smitten. :good:

I asked my mate the other day if he wanted to come wildfowling and he said "why would I want to get up at 3am travel two hours and sit in a muddy place waiting" so its not for everyone. :lol: